03-30-2015 11:17 PM
03-31-2015 08:59 AM
Welcome to the Forums.
If doing System Recovery via the Novo Button still creates the reboot loop then you likely have a failing hardware component.
Other things that you can try:
1. If you have a Y410p with SLI configuration (i.e., Dual Nvidia GT750M), remove the ultraybay GPU first and observe.
2. If you have a 1TB HDD + 24GB / 32GB mSATA SSD configuration, try to take out the mSATA SSD and just leave the HDD intact and observe.
3. Run a diagnostic on the HDD/SSD and memory via the Lenovo Diagnostic Solutions (see Bootable Diagnostics)
Alternatively, you can use MemTest86+ for the memory test and one of the following for the HDD/SSD.
- HD Tune
03-31-2015 02:57 PM
03-31-2015 10:07 PM
04-07-2015 07:40 AM
Sorry for the late reply as I was on a holiday break
Regarding your questions:
1. The SSD in this image acts like cache drive only (for frequently accessed files) and the HDD on the left corner is where the OS is installed. If removing the SSD chip gives you a No Bootable Device then it's likely that you have a failing HDD and I recommend you contact lenovo ASAP and report your findings.
2. To run a diagnostic test on the SSD/HDD on another PC, you will need to take out the drive and use a 2.5" SATA Enclosure (for the HDD) and an mSATA enclosure (for the SSD) to convert it as an external drive and be able to run test on it on a different PC.
3. As for the red light, I'm not sure what this is as it's not indicated in the status indicators (page 29-30 of the HMM).