cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thpd
Paper Tape
Views: 1,088
Message 1 of 7

Y410p, Is something is wrong with my GPU?

So, this is my computer spec.

Lenovo Y410P

Intel i7-4700MQ Processor @ 2.4GHz

GeForce GT 755M

8GB RAM

It was 2-3 years now. So no warrenty anymore.

The story is I woke up one day and found out that I couldn't play any game at all.(they have all these kinds of errors everytime I tried to open up any game 'dx11 device creation fail', 'DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine', 'Failed to initialize 3d device Error: 10001' and some other basic 'this game has stopped working' etc.)

So I kind of freaked out and then I restarted my laptop and after restarted I could play every game again, but it's an intel processor that was working not the nvidia and the geforce gt 755m in device manager is also had an error 43 too (and when I click right click the nvidia control panel also didn't turn up). So I decided to uninstall and reinstall nvidia softwares using the DDU. After I reinstall—by using an installer both from nvidia's website and from the windows update—the geforce control panel was back, but I still got errors and sh*t all over again.

The loops went on and on and sometime after I using DDU and reinstall using an installer from windows update and nvidia's website the error 43 still showed up.

I really have no idea what is going on with my laptop and I do hope someone could help me. Please comment if you have a solution or you happen to have the same problem as I do.

Regards,

THPD

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,072
Message 2 of 7

Re: Y410p, Is something is wrong with my GPU?

You do not mention which OS you are running, so I am going to presume you are running either 8.1 or 10.    Both Windows 8.1 and 10 include Direct X, so you cannot uninstall/resinstall them manually, but if there is corruption, you can usually fix problems by running a System File Scan. 

Make sure that your laptop is plugged in and not running on battery

Run Check Disk  (this is to ensure your hard drive has no errors prior to repairing)

• Right click on Start, and select Command Prompt (Admin) and press enter
  • In the Command Prompt (Admin) window type:   chkdsk /f    and press enter
  • Reboot

Note: Windows will scan for disk errors on restart, fix them if it can, and then reboot back to Windows.

To run System File Checker

• Right Click on the Start Menu and select Command Prompt (Admin)
  • In the Administrator Command Prompt window, type:   sfc /scannow

Note: Let the System File Check scan run until it completes. I usually appears to hang at about 20%, but just wait and it will eventually complete, but may take up to an hour to finish depending on the speed of your system.

Once it completes, it will give one of the following results:

• "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations" (If you get this message, then system file corruption was likely not your problem)
  • "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log" (If you get this message, then your problem might have been corrupted system files, and the problem may be fixed)
  • "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log" (If you get this message, see below on how to run DISM to fix a corrupt Windows Component Store, and then run the SFC scan again)

If the SFC scan reports ""Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them" then that means that the locally cached copies of the system files in the Windows Component Store are corrupt as well. Luckily there is another tool called the Deployment Imaging and Servicing Management (DISM) that can download and fix Windows Component Store corruption.

Note: This can take a while to complete as well depending on the speed of your Internet connection, so if you can, plug it into a hardwired connection as they are usually about 20% faster that WiFi.

To run DISM

• Make sure you are connected to the Internet, and close all programs
  • Right Click on the Start Menu and select Command Prompt (Admin)
  • In the Administrator Command Prompt window, type:   Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
  • Press enter
  • Once complete, run the System File Check utility again so it can try to repair corrupted files again.

Note: After running the DISM utility successfully, you must run the System File Checker again to fix any corrupted system files using the now updated Component Store.

Good Luck,

thpd
Paper Tape
Views: 1,044
Message 3 of 7

Thank you for your reply.

My OS is Windows 8. I did run Check Disk and System File Checker like you'd suggested and I got

'Windows Resorce Protection found corrupt files and syccessfully repaired them. Detail s are include in the CBS.log windr\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios.'

And after I reboot I could use the Nividia control panel again, but I still couldn't play any game at all. What should I do next?

Sincerely,

p.s. I did connect to the internet all the time I ran the sytem file checker.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,031
Message 4 of 7

I would go to Lenovo. Com/support  and update your video driver(s).     What errors are you getting now,  still  DirectX  ( dx11)  errors?

thpd
Paper Tape
Views: 1,018
Message 5 of 7

Yes, it is. I still get 'dx11 device creation fail', 'DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine', 'Failed to initialize 3d device Error: 10001' and etc.

And I did go to support.lenovo to downloads the Nvidia graphic driver—if that's what you mean, but everytime I install it will only install the graphic driver and fail all the rest. And after I restart, my laptop will start to blink the blackscreen on and on that I have to enter the safe mode to uninstall driver again. I tried re-download from support.lenovo again, but it still only install only graphic driver and fail all the rest. What should I do? ;_;

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,006
Message 6 of 7

I would try the following

Go to http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/102067/en-us and download the latest driver from NVIDIA, but do not install yet.    It should be the version shown below if you have the NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M and the 64-bit version of Windows 8.1.

GEFORCE GAME READY DRIVER
Version: 365.10 WHQL
Release Date: 2016.5.2
Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 8 64-bit
Language: English (US)
File Size: 343.8 MB

Create a System Restore Point (this is just a precaution)

• Right click on Start and select System
  • From the "View basic Information about your computer" window, select System Protection from the left pane
  • From the "System Properties" window, select Create next to "create a restore point right now"
  • Enter a name for the restore point, and then select Create

Remove all installed nVidia software

Right click on Start and select Control Panel

From the Control Panel window, select Programs and features

Search for, and uninstall any and all nVidia software  i.e. Catalyst Control center etc.

Remove existing nVidia drivers

• Right click on Start and select Device Manager
  • From Device Manager select Display Adapters
  • Right click on the NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M and select uninstall, making sure to check the box to Delete the driver software for this device.

Reboot

Windows should detect your nVidia card and install a driver on restart, so let it complete and reboot again before installing the latest NVIDIA driver downloaded previously.

Hope that helps get rid of your errors.

thpd
Paper Tape
Views: 986
Message 7 of 7

Hello again!

After I romoved all of that driver and restart I got Microsoft Basic Display Adapter with an error code 31 in device manager. And after I downloaded and install Nvidia Geforce game ready, the Nvidia Geforce experience will always tell me that there is an update available which is the geforce game ready driver 365.10 and after I downloaded the update and installed, it will still tell me that there is an update available everytime.

Basically, when my Nvidia graphic card's working, I can't play anygame, but when it's not working, I can play, but then again if the Nvidia graphic not working what game I could really possibly play. Really don't know what to do. Smiley Sad

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors