Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Akakroke
Token Ring
Views: 519
Message 1 of 4

Y410p~Windows 8 Task Manager 'Priority' column

Hello,

So I've looked all over and can neither find the Process Priority column nor change a processe's priority in Windows 8 whereas it was a piece of cake in 7. Ergo, I have time to write this while my Y410p gets defragmented.

I really WOULD appreciate someone telling me where it went and/or how to get it back!

Peter

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 523
Message 2 of 4

Re: Y410p~Windows 8 Task Manager 'Priority' column

See if this link will help.

Akakroke
Token Ring
Views: 501
Message 3 of 4

Hey LenBlazer! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

I'm inviting you to 'friend' me on here but regardless of that i'm clicking on your star and if i could figure out how, i'd give you a kudos tooSmiley Wink

I'm going to post your link target here for anyone else who is interested:

Do you want to change the CPU priority level of processes for Windows 8 store apps?

Well, the changes to the priority level for the processes is temporary and not set permanently. Once you close the application or restart the PC, Windows 8 will automatically set the priority back to default for the process or application.

Further adding to it, you can follow these steps to change the priority level under Task Manager:

a)      Open the application for which you want to change the processor priority level.

b)      Type “task manager” and click onTask Manager on the Start screen.

c)       Click onMore details if the window is not in expanded form.

d)      Navigate toprocesses tab, right click on the application and click on Go to details.

e)      In the Details tab, right click on the already highlighted name of the application for the process from step 4, click/tap onSet priority, and click/tap on the priority level you want to run this application or process in.

f)       Click/tap onChange Priority to apply.

g)      Repeat steps 4 to 6 above for any other applications or processes you wish to change the priority level of.

h)      Close the Task Manager window.

Note: You will not be able to set the processor priority level of Windows 8 Store apps.

Please let us know if you need more assistance on issues with Windows.

Gee, used to be you would just click on the processes displayed Priority and the 'Change' option (in addition to others like Affinity, etc.) would pop up but you know, why not improve something to make it more step-intensive?

As I've said elsewhere, I'm making a dual/tri-boot system so I'll only use Windows 8 for operations/tasks like going on the web.

Thanks again,

Peter aka Kroke

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 486
Message 4 of 4

Hello Peter,

I'm glad to hear that you have found the solution to your query. Yes, you may do so. I can't refuse an offer for me to be one of your friends.

Cheers.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors