Windows 8.1 is now available. With the latest Nvidia drivers for 8.1 x64, SLI is not an option. There are various suggestions to roll back to earlier (or earliest) Nvidia drivers for a solution. It is true, that with these drivers, SLI is now an option - and it is possible to set it to Enabled. However, it doesn't work.
I have 8.0 and 8.1 in dual boot, for easy comparison. SLI in 8.0 - clearly working... great performance.
SLI in 8.1 - not SLI performance, and in GPU-Z, it is clearly shown that one GPU is not under any load (also, not getting hot... further evidence).
At the moment, I have to use the 8.0 install only for gaming. Can someone please tell me -
1. Is 8.1 currently supported for the Y510p
2. If so, when can we expect drivers for SLI
3. Has anyone found a good workaround?
After updating to Windows 8.1 and related Nvidia graphic card drivers, customers may experience the following symptoms
- Second graphic card is not detected or SLI is disabled
- Nvidia panel indicates only one graphic card instead of two
- Can install the graphic card driver but SLI is not working
- SLI is enabled with legacy drivers but performance drops
You need to update vBIOS (video BIOS) which Lenovo just released it on 29 Oct 2013.