Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shadowhunt
Blue Screen Again
Views: 983
Message 1 of 5

Y410p gt755m NOT DETECTED

Hi guys need help badly here. I purchased a DOS version of y410p and installed all the necessary driver for windows 8 since i have a copy of it. But the problem is when i view the nvidia control panel and set the graphic activity prior to gt755m and the driver is installed listing in device manager, somehow it can't detect gt755m by using cpu hwmonitor. Even though the info of it can be seen on gpu-z but its bandwidth and temperatures,clock speed etc can't be monitored also.

Anyone can help me with this issue? Feel depressed for it....

Guru
Views: 970
Message 2 of 5

Re: Y410p gt755m NOT DETECTED

I understand that you can see the graphics card listed in Device Manager, so that means it is detected and installed.

What exactly is the issue here? Are you able to see the graphic card listed in NVIDIA control Panel?

Have you tried playing any games?

What about the latest NVIDIA drivers? Have you updated?

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
shadowhunt
Blue Screen Again
Views: 949
Message 3 of 5

I'm using a software called cpu hwmonitor to monitor my hardware temperature. So i installed the software and launched, it should detect the gpu and show it's temperature but it doesn't. Furthermore i used gpuz to monitor the status,it shows all info except bandwidth listing unknown. And the monitor tab it doesn't display all the clock speed and temperature all shows 0 or --. So i'm just worried is that my gpu has any prolem?

Even when i use the system rating ( since i use windows 8) and the display tab just say it's hd 4600 not gt755...

hardware rating.png

Varroa
802.11n
Views: 936
Message 4 of 5

Well it could be that you don't have optimus set up correctly. Or HW monitor doesn't have the correct drivers for reading your card. Just use GPUz to see if you can see the temps instead.

Guru
Views: 923
Message 5 of 5

Since the laptop uses optimus technology so some softwares including benchmarking tools cannot use the Discrete Graphics GT755M.

For WEI (Windows experience Index) also, the integrated 4600 is used, I have tried it.

In GPU-z, at the bottom you can select your GPU name which needs to be monitored. Under normal use, the GPU is not used. If you open GPU-z, selecte the GPU and play a game, you should see the Temperature and other metrics rise. Have you tried this?

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors