Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
gabespana12
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,225
Message 1 of 5

Y410p missing Nvidia graphics options & microsoft basic display adapter issue after Win8 re-install

Drivers.PNGHardware and Sound.PNGThe title pretty much sums it up, but I'll here's the more in depth story:

I downloaded a PC tune-up program from AVG (I had used their anti-virus before w/o issue) and when I ran it, my computer took forever to reapair disk (>4hrs) and it gave me other problems with files being screwed and what-not. I tried to install a back-up off of a external hard drive with no luck. I ended up taking my computer to be repaired by a repair shop and they ended up having to re-install windows 8. I got my computer back and started to install drivers from the Lenovo site for my Y410p. However at the moment I cannot change the brightness level of the screen on the right hand side of the screen in the charms menu the birghtness option is darker than the other options and says 'unavalible'. I believe this is caused by an issue with the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter as it has a yellow warning sign in the device manager. The other problem I am having is that the graphics card seems to be 'missing', as in any information about it is completely gone from the computer. I looked under Hardware and Sound in the control panel (I think I remember seeing the NVidia control panel there prior to re-install) and it was not present. I also tried searching 'nvidia' via the charm option and nothing came up. Working with computers is definitely not one of my strengths and any help is greatly appreciated.

minermines
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,193
Message 2 of 5

Re: Y410p missing Nvidia graphics options & microsoft basic display adapter issue after Win8 re-

Im having pretty much the same problem exept my GT750 shows up in the devices but doesnt use it. You could try installing the nVidia drivers if you havent already? I'm not completly sure, but it might help

gabespana12
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,178
Message 3 of 5

Re: Y410p missing Nvidia graphics options & microsoft basic display adapter issue after Win8 re-

I was able to download the driver but when I tried to install it, it told me that I needed to install the intel driver first. I thought I had installed every driver on the lenovo website for the y410p but I may not have. Do you have any idea which driver I might need?
cbautis2
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,163
Message 4 of 5

Install Intel HD 4600 drivers first then install the Nvidia drivers

Here's Intel's drivers: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/confirm.aspx?httpDown=http://downloadmirror.intel.com/22842/a08/Win...

Lenovo Y470: i7-2670QM | 8 GB DDR3 1333 MHz RAM | Nvidia GeForce GT 550M | 500 GB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD | ASUS PCE-AC56 802.11ac Network Adapter | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
gabespana12
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,155
Message 5 of 5

I actually did some browsing and just found that! Afterwards I downloaded the nvidia driver from their website and installed it. I believe that all is well now. Thanks for your all's replies!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors