Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
csquared2000
Blue Screen Again
Views: 300
Message 1 of 2

Y410p will not boot

prepare for long backstory:

About two weeks ago I got on my laptop and went about doing things like normal, and was organizing my desktop folders to make it less cluttered, at the same time i opened up Geforce Experience and went to update my GPU drivers in the background. Then, as I was continuing to organize my desktop, my entire desktop turned that white tint when an app is not responding. My PC sat around for a little bit then crashed. When it restarted it would not boot, instead entering an infinite cycle of crashing, restarting, updating windows (I guess it was sitting on that and was waiting for a restart), then crashing again. I took it to work cus im an IT guy in training and my boss suggested I do a windows restore, which did not work. I then grabbed a Windows 10 pro CD off the shelf and resintalled windows from scratch, as I didnt really mind losing files and the laptop was not my main computer anyways. I was able to reinstall everything after that with no issue.

The next day I went to install GPU drivers again (if I remember correctly it was Nvidia 397.31) and the install failed. I tried again and the drivers succeeded in installing and prompted me to restart my PC. My PC then started into a different infinite loop that wouldnt get to windows. This time the PC was always on but went from Lenovo's boot screen, to a grey screen, the panel turned off and on and the cycle continued. I restored windows to the point when i first got my PC back up and running and I got pretty pissed, not bothering to reinstall my apps yet.

Fast forward a week or so to last night when I reinstalled all my apps and went to install my GPU driver again (Latest release 398.11) and that again prompted me to restart my PC to install the drivers. And it crashed again.

And that's where I am now, reinstalling apps for the third time and wondering if I am able to use the discrete GPU on my laptop at all.

I've had my laptop for 5 years and it hasnt given me any trouble until this past two weeks but im wondering what I can do and if there are any solutions to this issue that will prevent me from having to use Windows Restore every time I update my drivers.

My PC:

Lenovo Y410p

GPU: Nvidia GT 755M (Currently no drivers installed at all)

CPU: i7-4770HQ

any other info you need about my PC feel free to ask.

LushoxLucid
Fanfold Paper
Views: 256
Message 2 of 2

Re: Y410p will not boot

Because NVIDIA 397.93 and 398.11 cause BSOD install 397.64 and check this post:Lenovo-y510p-Win-10-crashed-post-Geforce-installation/td-p/4090449

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors