Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shadowhunt
Blue Screen Again
Views: 611
Message 1 of 2

Y410p wont boot up to bios

I have no idea what happened to my Y410p while using it just shutdown and when I try to boot it it cant even Load to Lenovo icon or bios or windows, the keyboard and indicator lighted a while and it'll shutdown. Tried many times about resting bios method by pressing power button but wont help. Just happened today.
One more question, if the fan's not moving, besides hardware factor will the software like system corrupt or lack something will cause the fan not moving? Its because I just bought it around half a year ago. Anyone who answer will be much appreciated.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 593
Message 2 of 2

Re: Y410p wont boot up to bios

I am assuming that you tried this full procedure..........

1. Unplug the charger / adapter
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the Power Button for 15 seconds.
4. Re-install the battery, plug in the charger / adapter if needed and power up the system to see if the problem was resolved.

If that didn't work then I would suggest calling Lenovo Support for warranty service.  The fan may not be working because the laptop hasn't powered up to the point where the fan is activated or it could be that the fan is defective and no longer works.  If the fan didn't work prior to this problem it would explain why the laptop shut down. 

You can find the phone number for Lenovo Support in your country or area by using the link below....

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/supportphonelist_alt1

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors