cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
icecube001
What's DOS?
Views: 1,289
Message 1 of 5

Y430, how the heck do I swap out keyboard?

I did a Google search and couldn't come up with anything.  My existing keyboard is missing several keys, so I've purchased a replacement keyboard.  I've removed pretty much all of the screws from the bottom of the machine, but can't seem to lift out the top panel.

I think I need to somehow remove the black panel above the keyboard, but I don't see any screws for that.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

icecube001
What's DOS?
Views: 1,288
Message 2 of 5

Re: Y430, how the heck do I swap out keyboard?

Never mind, just took some tugging on that black panel to lift it out (after removing the 4 screws beneath the battery first of course).  Hope this helps someone else...
Guardsix
Punch Card
Views: 1,264
Message 3 of 5

Whoa!  You've got some keys missing on your Y430 keyboard???  How long have you had the thing and what in the world did you do to it to knock the keys off?
icecube001
What's DOS?
Views: 1,254
Message 4 of 5

I bought it that way, cheap of fleabay, it was a display model at an electronics store.  Got a new keyboard for $28, now I just need to track down a cheap battery...it didn't come with one!

Guardsix
Punch Card
Views: 1,237
Message 5 of 5

Oh, Ok.  Just wondering because my keyboard seems to be rock solid.  Don't think I'll be knocking keys off of it unless I drop it hard!!!  That would hurt me more than the notebook!  Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors