cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidallen
Punch Card
Views: 1,843
Message 1 of 6

Y430 intel 5100, blue wifi led doesn't come on. Not fn + f5 problem either.

i slapped on vista ultimate 32, the intel 5100 will be in device manager without any problems.  the only for me to get the blue led to light up again is to do a uninstall in device manager and reboot.  vista will then detect new hardware and reintall the wifi all over again.  this does work but to do it every week suck.  i dont want to buy a new internal or external card either.  this happen to anyone else?
Mike323
Paper Tape
Views: 1,802
Message 2 of 6

Re: Y430 intel 5100, blue wifi led doesn't come on. Not fn + f5 problem either.

To clarify, the wireless works, but the blue LED doesn't and the fix you described only temporarily fixes it?  Have you installed all the other drivers as well; the ones located on the d:/ drive?
dleccord
Punch Card
Views: 1,793
Message 3 of 6

I ran into the same problems after a few weeks from purchasing the notebook.

A quick temporary remedy is to uninstall and install the drivers.

dave42
Paper Tape
Views: 1,777
Message 4 of 6

I have been experiencing the same problem.  I have a question about the fix. I assume I would go into Device Manager and under the driver tab pick uninstall.  In the confirm device uninstall window do i just hit OK or do I check the box to delete the driver software. 
davidallen
Punch Card
Views: 1,762
Message 5 of 6

dave42,

just uninstall intel wifi under device manager and reboot, dont delete driver.  i made my client do this two dam weeks with the preinstalled vista home premium, vista ultimate does not cure the problem either. 

dont do this yet, but i replaced and installed the latest wifi driver (11/24/08) from intel's website.  they said it has patches and fixes which they didnt go into details on the site.  just waiting for my client to call me again to say that the wifi is not working again.

dleccord
Punch Card
Views: 1,717
Message 6 of 6

Just an update:

It's been a little over a week since I installed the Intel wifi driver and occassionally I would get drop.

But the good news is that I could connect back, RATHER than before where I couldn't and I would have to uninstall/reinstall wifi drivers.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors