Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seowxuan
Paper Tape
Views: 4,985
Message 1 of 10

Y430 problem

Hi anyone can help me with my problem? Just bought the Y430 yesterday, it looks good and real nice until i notice 2 problems... Firstly the wireless lan can't seem to automatically log on to my wireless network after i restart or shut down the laptop. So now I've got to search for wireless each time i on the computer, its getting a bit annoying. Secondly there's no light on the battery indicator, only lights up on charging or when the AC adapter is plugged in during use, besides that during normal use(without the ac adaptor) it does not light up at all. Is this suppose to happen?? Oh and finally the user guide does not have any explanation on the what the colours of the battery indicators mean. Anyone can help? Thanks... Btw the laptop is running on vista premium...

Retired Guru
Views: 4,959
Message 2 of 10

Re: Y430 problem

WiFi will not automatically connect until you uninstall ReadyComm.

Battery indicator isdisappearing sometimes in Y510 under early BIOS versions. Maybe you'll need to wait update... Can't tell really =(

//help will save the world
seowxuan
Paper Tape
Views: 4,948
Message 3 of 10

Y430 problem

I think uninstalling Readycomm will help, but instead of doing that I use ReadyComm to handle my wireless network connection and it solved my problem. Looks like there might be 2 solution to this problem.

1) Uninstall ReadyComm and let windows handle your wireless connection.

or

2)If you don't want to uninstall ReadyComm, then you'll have to use it to handle your wireless connections.

Thanks for the help skripatch.. Smiley Happy

As the indicator problem looks like I've got to wait... Anyone using the new Y series having the same problem?

Keilishi
Paper Tape
Views: 4,857
Message 4 of 10

hi seowxuan , i do not have those problems u encounter but i'm sry that i have to use ur thread to post cuz i think i dun need to open new thread...

I recently got my Y430 n found out that C drive has 200+ gig and D drive has 30 gig, as the C drive's a bit lot i would like to parti it as i have a feeling that it lags when openning browser..

do i need to reformat, reinstall OS jus to do that?

whats the pros n cons if i determine parti it?

is there a guide to do the partitioning?

thanks in advance, sry seowxuan

plutos
802.11n
Views: 4,850
Message 5 of 10

Changing the size of the C partition would have absolutely no impact on your program startup speeds.

For instructions on HOW to do it, try skripatch's solution to this thread:

http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/message?board.id=ideaPad&thread.id=3497

Keilishi
Paper Tape
Views: 4,838
Message 6 of 10

due to i jus got this laptop, theres nothing much inside, i can risk parti it,

but what would i lose if i parti it?

will those Lenovo programs be forever gone?

like what that guru say, the one key stuff willb not working after the partitioning, is there anyway to recover it?

Retired Guru
Views: 4,819
Message 7 of 10

Keilishi, you may want to make full backup of your HDD in sector-reading mode by Acronis 11 or Norton Ghost (above 13 version). It's the only way to recover that partition in future. Otherwise you'll have to refer to SC to fix it.
Keilishi
Paper Tape
Views: 4,704
Message 8 of 10

well thx
puneetsin
Paper Tape
Views: 2,532
Message 9 of 10

hey all ....

I know this is old topic. But i wanted to share something with new people. Well no need to format your Hardisk. The main problem is you would have running on "Power saver" plan, with this wifi runs on low state & it turns off  in 2 -3 mins after dissconecting your power cord. Just do one thing (Vista/ win7) goto your Power options & there you will see wifi power consuming option set it to max performance (less power saving) or change Energy Management to "Performance" tab. Problem solved

Regards

Puneet J.

Retired Guru
Views: 2,269
Message 10 of 10

puneestin , thanks for coming back and sharing solution! It's so a rare case these days! Catch a kudo for that! =)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors