cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shafran
Paper Tape
Views: 3,751
Message 1 of 14

Y430 wifi problem fixed... ill tell you how! and also need a little help in something

Hey

i've just got my new Y430 and the wifi connection was freezing each few seconds... it was horrible.

the tech support, and also in this forum, said to remove readycomm which causes this issue.

done that - unsuccessfully..

i installed vista from scratch from a copy I own, without LENOVO's software installed, and vista didnt recognized anything of course couse its all new.

so i started downloading the drivers from  lenovo's site, one by one, and the wifi was working perferctly (the wifi and graphics i got from INTEL).

apperantly, i got the connection problem again... i was shocked... i removed the POWER MANAGEMENT application and it was working again!

the OPWER MANAGEMENT was making all those problems!!!

anyway, I have another problem, which i cannot solve.

i accidently deleted the rescue partition with the drivers, and now I have 2 UNRECOGNIZED DEVICES in the hardware. one of them - the vista said to me its Lenovo ACPI-Compliant Virtual Power Controller. couse i removed the management, maybe the driver was connected.

where can i install it from? or maybe i shouldnt couse this driver does all the problem?

and another unrecognized device i have no idea what to do with it.

can anyone tell me what hardware he has related to the computer? (not the generic etc...)

thank you!

Retired Guru
Views: 3,741
Message 2 of 14

Re: Y430 wifi problem fixed... ill tell you how! and also need a little help in something

Hi.

Yep, virtual power controller is actually 'somehow' connected with power controller driver and software you removed. Robot Happy

Regarding another device - please post it's device codes here. You can find some in it's properties tab in device manager. Something like PCI\VEN_8086&\DEV_... etc

Message Edited by skripatch on 10-25-2008 01:46 PM
//help will save the world
shafran
Paper Tape
Views: 3,734
Message 3 of 14

Re: Y430 wifi problem fixed... ill tell you how! and also need a little help in something

HDAUDIO\FUNC_02&VEN_14F1&DEV_5051&SUBSYS_17AA3C2F
i guess this is the audio

but i already have Conexant installed in another device!

and this one:

ACPI\VPC2004

how can i installed that ACPI virtual power driver without the software?

and also, I dont have the multemdia buttons software installed.. and there is no downloadable on their site

what can i do

thanks

Retired Guru
Views: 3,728
Message 4 of 14

Your device is HDAUDIO modem.

Hotkeys drivers/icons are installed with energy management - EnergyCut software.

shafran
Paper Tape
Views: 3,722
Message 5 of 14

hi

thanks for your reply

i installed the  energycut, however my Y430 site offers me the Energy Manager, but idownloaded what you suggested anyway.

the hotkeys works but not all. and also i remember the OSD was slightly different.

the music profiles hotkeys won't work, and also i dont have the dolby center software and i dont know where to get it from

thank you again for your help! (the modem worked though)

Retired Guru
Views: 3,720
Message 6 of 14

Use these from Y530 - models are idential internally.
shafran
Paper Tape
Views: 3,716
Message 7 of 14

ok, i took the Y430 Energy Managment tool aagain and installed only Hotkeys... now its good.

but still the DOLBY hotkeys won't work and i still dont have the dolby software.

can you just help me wih that?

you've been most helpful to me!!

Retired Guru
Views: 3,713
Message 8 of 14

Dolby will work after you install proper audio driver. Install latest from realtek.
shafran
Paper Tape
Views: 3,711
Message 9 of 14

i installed CONEXANT - whatever was on lenovo's site

do i have REALTEK?!

Retired Guru
Views: 3,708
Message 10 of 14

ooooooooops, my bad, really.

However, try realtek driver and conexant river for Y530 - one of them must work.

Dolby is not an application - it's part of drivers that is summoned by a quick button.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors