Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Angathorion
What's DOS?
Views: 2,623
Message 1 of 1

Y450 BIOS

Hello all, I have a Lenovo Y450, equipped with an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.53GHz processor and a Nvidia GT 240M display card, with WIndows 7 preinstalled.

I was trying to get Nvidia's HybridPower working on my laptop, as it is supported by the GT 240M and (I think) the Intel motherboard on the laptop.

This isn't actually a problem with Lenovo or Nvidia in particular, because I am aware that Windows 7 does not have native support for HybridPower, and that HybridPower works on Vista.

However, I've found that others have managed to get HybridPower working on their Windows 7 setup, though not necessarily on a Lenovo Y450, and thus I'm presuming that if the hardware is capable, then Windows 7 could somehow be made to support HybridPower.

This brings me to my question: Does the Intel motherboard on the Lenovo Y450 support HybridPower? If it does, then the BIOS shows nothing about enabling it.

This leads to another problem of mine: I read on the Lenovo support website that the BIOS updates are for Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit. I am confused by this as I was under the impression that the BIOS is not dependent on the operating system, and vice versa. Therefore, can I safely flash my Lenovo Y450 BIOS with the one provided on the website, given that mine has Windows 7 preinstalled?

Thanks all. I realize this isn't Lenovo's problem in particular, since they have delivered what they promised. I was just wondering if anyone could give me a few pointers here.

Cheers.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors