11-09-2009 01:13 AM
I downgraded Lenovo Y450 to XP Prof with SP3. It has Intel mobile graphics adapter. All the drivers have been installed properly as I don't see any exclamation mark in Device Manager.
I connected this laptop to Sharp LCD TV via HDMI cable and I don't see any indication in laptop that TV has been recognized. I rebooted the laptop with the connection on and TV on, still no luck.
Are there any settings I need to turn on or any additional drivers that I need to install? I searched on this forum and on Intel site but no luck.
Appreciate any help to resolve this issue.
11-11-2009 01:11 AM
I have resolved the issue (ofcourse after talking to Lenovo Cust Service). Posting the solution so that it helps some one who may be stuck with this problem.
1. Right click on desktop and go to properties
2. Select advanced display properties where you see the window with two display boxes numbered 1 and 2.
3. Select the box numbered 2 and check the "Extend this monitor...." (don't remember the exact verbage).
4. You may have to adjust the resolution to fit the TV.
5. I have Inter Mobile Graphics adapter. If I go to its properties and the the second moitor type as 'Clone' I get a small picture on TV. If I set monitor type as 'Extend' then picture covers full TV screen. The drawback with this is, you have to pull the window into this extended monitor so that you can see it on TV.
6. Another point I want to mention on HDMI audio output. Initially, I only got video over HDMI. I went into Realtek properties and enabled HDMI audio out and started getting audio as well.