Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Guru
Views: 342
Message 1 of 2

Y450 Sound Enhancement Thread

Hi all,

Recently, I have managed to helped a friend to service his IdeaPad Y450 notebook, and perform sound tuning as well.

To tweak the sound
A. Extending the internal speakers dynamic range.
1. Go to Control Panel > Sound.
2. Select Speakers, and click Configure.
3. Under Choose your configuration, and click Next.

4. Under Select full-range speakers, check Front left and right > and click Next.

5. Click Finish.

B. Improve the sound signature and loudness using Realtek Sound Effect - Equalizer
1. Go to Control Panel > Realtek HD Audio Manager. 

2. Under the Speakers tab > Click on the Equalizer sub-tab.

3. Adjust the 10-band EQ according to the picture below, then click Save.
Balanced.PNG

Optional. If you wish to have virtual surround effect, you may change the Environment from <None> to Generic.

C. Dolby Home Theater to boost bass
1. Go to Start > All Programs > Dolby > Dolby Control Center > Dolby Control Center

2. Check Natural Bass.
For the bass boost level, there are 7 levels. Ranging from 1 being the extreme left, to 7  being the extreme right.

I would recommend the Bass boost between Level 1 to 3. Any higher would result in softer sound with muddy bass.

Dolby.PNG

You may give a try on the Sound Space Expander. The sound becomes more diffuse, but less clear and loud. Therefore, I uncheck it. If you want to have virtual surround effect, refer to B - Optional part above.

Hope you enjoy this tweaks!

Peter

ThinkPad X40 | ThinkPad W520 | ThinkPad T560 | ThinkCentre E73 SFF | Yoga 11s | Yoga 3 Pro | Yoga 900 | Yoga Home 900 | Yoga Tablet 2 Pro | Miix 2 10" | IdeaPad Y460p | IdeaPad K1 | 3000 Y300 | Vibe K5 Plus

Give kudos to reward people for their assistance | Mark thread solved if the solution works | I am an active volunteer, not an Lenovo employee

=====================================

List of Sound Enhancement Thread

T520 | W520 ; Dolby ; IdeaPad Slate Tablet ; Yoga 3 Pro ; X100e ; Vibe Shot ; Yoga 900 ; P50 ; P40 Yoga | Yoga 14 | Yoga 460 ; T560 | P50s ; Vibe K5 | K5 Plus ; M0620 Speaker Mod ; Windows 10 / Server 2016 ; Legion Y720 ; L380 | L380 Yoga | S2 | S2 Yoga ; Y450

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 126
Message 2 of 2

Re: Y450 Sound Enhancement Thread

thanks, Peter!

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
Please do not PM me - questions belong in the forums. I will not respond to PMs. Thanks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors