Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Atreides
Fanfold Paper
Views: 419
Message 1 of 4

Y460 Unresponsive without forced reboot

I purchased a Y460 last month and am experiencing an issue that is becoming more common.  I will leave my laptop running for a bit and return to it in sleep mode---no problem, I jiggle the mouse and give it a second...  The issue is the laptop increasingly is unresponsive.  The mouse curser moves around but no ther input is registered; as in no keypress or mouse button.  Cntrl-Alt_Delete is useless and I am left with no alternative but to hard-shut-down the computer. (Hold power button 5 seconds)  After I power back up it behaves normally.  This has happened in every power scheme, on A/C and battery, both integrated graphics and 5650 running.

Any ideas?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 360
Message 2 of 4

Re: Y460 Unresponsive without forced reboot

could be driver issue. try to re-install power management, graphic card drivers first.

then check system logs for errors ( right click my computer > manage > event logs )

ps : check the issue persists on safe mode.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
changosaurus
Paper Tape
Views: 253
Message 3 of 4

Y460 Issues on Waking Up from Sleep Issues

Hi,

Not sure if anyone else had this issue with the Y460 but recently when I put my computer to sleep and open my laptop up again to wake it up, it responds by coming on but the screen remains black and the busy icon remains lit. Also other times, though not recently, my laptop has woken itself up from sleep for some unknown reason. Not sure if this could be a virus or if there is something that I can do to fix it. I was wondering if removing veriface would fix the issue of it not responding after putting it to sleep. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 236
Message 4 of 4

Re: Y460 Issues on Waking Up from Sleep Issues

hi changosaurus

can you try the suggestions above first?

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors