Options

1 Posts

01-24-2012

Los Angeles

2 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 1 of 2

Y460P went from turning off when running programs to turning off even when idle?

2012-01-24, 23:28 PM

So I set in my Y470P last week because it would turn off when I would be running programs and I just got it back today. The inventory sheet said they cleaned the heat sink and fan and replaced the thermal paste.

However now my laptop will turn off when im not even running anything. I've been on the phone with support for the last hour trying to get a solution to my problem and they've been imcomptent at best. I've read a lot of horror stories with their support, but it sucks to have to actually experience it.

Options

2060 Posts

05-02-2008

MY

14693 Signins

219550 Page Views

• Views: 219550
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Y460P went from turning off when running programs to turning off even when idle?

2012-01-30, 4:11 AM
Hi malickk,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

I"m sorry that the first repair didn't solve the issue. Actually it's not easy to have a one-time fix for all issues especially when comes to sudden shut down case. I personally would do couple of troubleshooting including cleaning fan, replacing thermal paste, re-image, changing some parts,etc.

I strongly advise you to send in the machine again for repair and if the issue persists, please let me know and I'll see what i could help.

Thanks for feedback anyway. Wish to hear from you soon.

Best regards,
Cleo

T410, x240

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save