Options

2 Posts

10-11-2016

ID

3 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 1 of 2

Y460p - Trackpad, Keyboard, Power Button not working when connecting Power Adapter

2016-10-11, 11:23 AM

Hey guys, i have an issue with my Lenovo Y460p

Everytime I connect my power adapter to the laptop the trackpad, keyboard, and power button just stop working or freezes. Then i tried to turn it off by holding the power button and it never turn off. I tried to restart too and all i get was just a dark screen (it's not completely black, you can still see it booting if you have enough light) but it booting just fine, i can still hear it's sounds (Windows 7 Boot Sound).

But when i use it without connecting the power adapter it work just fine.

Any suggestions of what could be causing this and the solutions to fix it?

Thanks.

Options

11749 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

7060 Signins

741089 Page Views

• Views: 741089
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Y460p - Trackpad, Keyboard, Power Button not working when connecting Power Adapter

2016-10-11, 13:48 PM

Hi Ptrand , 

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Best to start checking the integrity of the ac adapter (page 21). Testing it with another compatible known good working adapter would help. 

Connect it to any external display screen if it is still dim. You may have to have it checked internally for loose or misconnections and cables particular to the DC ports and lines using the hardware manual here ( y460p similar to y460 structure) as guide but if you lack the tools , service centers can help you check it further.

Update us how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete