Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

01-14-2013

Kohtla-Jarve

13 Signins

121 Page Views

• Views: 121
  • Message 1 of 3

Y470 - can't correctly identify model, update BIOS and find online support

2013-01-14, 15:01 PM

Do not use my Lenovo for year from purchase, start using and upgrade it to Windows 8. Have a problem with USB3 host and dual video card drivers. Trying to update my BIOS and drivers, but totally stucked. 

So, here is label from laptop:

IMG_1593.JPG

Here is my BIOS info:

IMG_0293.JPG

My laptop is the same configuration:

http://www.lenovo.com/products/us/tech-specs/laptop/ideapad/y-series/y470/

although I had 4Gb installed by default and add another 4.

And here is screenshot from update utility:

NotForYours.jpg

If it is does matter - my region is CIS (Russia).

So, now I have a lot of questions:

1) is there any online/e-mail support for IDEA laptops from lenovo? I found only for THINK, and I do not relay on phone support a lot. I check my warranty it is valid and active.

2) what exact model is my laptop? It seems IdeaPad™ Y470p (0855-???) - but I'm not sure as different tools and specifications shows me different information, and there is no info at all about full model number (symbols after 0855).

3) if my laptop is Y470p where I can find BIOS updates? In Y470p section there is no BIOS update at all

4) is bios updates for Win7 fully compatible with Win8? I think yes - but not sure.

5) is Y470 bios updates and drivers compatible with my laptop? It seems no, and I need only Y470p files, although my laptop label shows that I have Y470!!!

Hope someone can help me, and also make it clear is all this normal situation for Lenovo brand. This is my first laptop from Lenovo, previously used only another brand.

Options

6095 Posts

02-11-2012

Philippines

4459 Signins

274727 Page Views

• Views: 274727
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Y470 - can't correctly identify model, update BIOS and find online support

2013-01-17, 21:23 PM

hi alex-chekhachev,

Welcome to the Lenovo Community.

Regarding your questions:

1. For the USB 3.0, and the dual video card, can you try to install these drivers:

USB 3.0 (depending on the model)

http://www.station-drivers.com/page/renesas.htm

Intel HD 3000

Windows 8 64bit     Windows 8 32bit

Intel VGA Driver        Intel VGA Driver
vga127864.exe        vga126832.exe

80.8MB                      68.6MB

AMD Radeon™ HD 7690M 

Windows 8 32bit / 64bit

AMD VGA Driver
vga1308.exe
334MB

Note:

You must install the Intel Graphics driver first before the ATI Radeon.

2. For support, as per this article, the best way to get the unit serviced is to call the Lenovo Hardware Department (you can use Skype as the phone number is toll free).

3. Your model is a Y470 (20090) - which is identical to the Y470p (0855-xxx) as per this pdf data sheet (same result If you try to google the part number of the machine: 59320771).

4. As for the BIOS update, there's currently no updates available yet for this model.

5. Windows 8 and Windows 7 are technically identical (you can run softwares in compatibility mode) but since it has an updated version of the kernel, it's not recommended to flash the BIOS if the software is not designed to run on it as you might risk corrupting the BIOS, rendering the computer unbootable.

5. You just need to download and install the Y470p drivers and softwares via http://support.lenovo.com

I hope this clear things out.

Cheers

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

01-14-2013

Kohtla-Jarve

13 Signins

121 Page Views

• Views: 121
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Y470 - can't correctly identify model, update BIOS and find online support

2013-01-22, 12:07 PM

Thank you. Now it's clear with model identification, but it is really hard.

>> 4. As for the BIOS update, there's currently no updates available yet for this model.

Sad, but true.

>> For the USB 3.0

Also I install intel chipset drivers. This fix my problems.

>> not recommended to flash the BIOS

Ok, it's not a problem to boot up with XP from flash drive. The only problem for now - there is nothing to update :)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms