Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 5 (1,380 Views)

Y470p driver downloads

Where are they?  There appears to only be downloads for the Y470, and I can't find drivers for the things that are different, like the Radeon 7690.  I've just wiped and installed a fresh copy of windows only to find that they're missing!

Fanfold Paper
Message 2 of 5 (1,361 Views)

Re: Y470p driver downloads

Oh dear, hopefully you had saved the partitions on your HDD that came stock with the Y470p. If you did, it is there in a partition in the folder 'VGA'. Just run the setup and you will be fine.

Alternatively, there are Intel/AMD drivers listed under the Y470 driver page on the Lenovo support site. Try those, they should work.

Push comes to shove, I can link you some drivers, but I don't know if that is against the TOS on the forum.

802.11n
Message 3 of 5 (1,357 Views)

You you tried this option from this Driver page and let it auto detect?  amd2.JPG

And if that doesn't work I'd try this option seeing the 6 series card is almost the same as the 7 series 

3.JPG

I'm not say either will work, but that's what I'd be trying.

Fanfold Paper
Message 4 of 5 (1,354 Views)

The problem is, I believe, that the Switchable Graphics used in the Y470p is a proprietary driver package that can only be offered by Lenovo (or some clever third party driver developer). Though I haven't tried it myself, I do have experience with notebook GPU drivers like this, and have seen a few thread posts where people have attempted this, only to come up short.

In any case, I am certain that the Intel/AMD drivers on the Y470 download page work for the Y470p. I believe I had to use this driver package in one of my many attempts to get OpenGL working on the HD7690M, as described in my other thread.

Paper Tape
Message 5 of 5 (1,350 Views)

[ Edited ]

Yep, that is indeed the problem.  I was able to get the Intel HD 3000 installed and working with the drivers on the Y470 page, but not the Radeon, and not other things like the WiFi driver or the USB 3.0 ports.  They need to get a page up with the drivers for the Y470p soon.

I also tried to auto-detect after finding that the Radeon Mobility 7xxx series is not listed on their site, and it fails.

Thankfully, all I had done so far to my drive was delete the partitions.  I installed an SSD and put Windows there, and hadn't gotten around to formatting the big guy yet.  TestDisk saved my life, recovered the partition table, and I got the drivers working from there!

Thank you guys for your help though; I would have taken you up on that driver offer, I had gone so far as to try downloading drivers for an HP laptop with the same processor and graphics card before I realized how I could fix it.

Top kudoed Authors