Did you mean: 
steer123
Not applicable
Views: 782
Message 1 of 4

Y480 GPU temperature

Hi... 

first of all Im sorry if I double post.

But I just want to ask about my Y480 GPU tmaximum temperature.

I just bouth this laptop last 3 days ago and every time I play a game the GPU rapidly increase to 96c in just 1-2 mins...

Can someone tell me what to do.. is this normal? do I need to return this laptop so they can replace a new thermal paste?

by the way the game im playing is call of duty black ops 2.

cbautis2
Not applicable
Views: 761
Message 2 of 4

Re: Y480 GPU temperature

It's completely not normal. The GPU, thermal paste and heatsink plate aren't making good contact so heat isn't transferred efficiently. Call Lenovo ASAP so they can either repair or replace the laptop.

See this link for instructions on how to get in touch with Lenovo customer support: http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Welcome-FAQs/Frequently-Asked-Questions-FAQ/td-p/34

Lenovo Y470: i7-2670QM | 8 GB DDR3 1333 MHz RAM | Nvidia GeForce GT 550M | 500 GB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD | ASUS PCE-AC56 802.11ac Network Adapter | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
neokenchi
Not applicable
Views: 749
Message 3 of 4

hi steer123,

Welcome to the Forums.

In addition to what cbautis2 said, the ideal Junction temperature for electronic devices must be less than 105°C to maintain a long life. Although this is the case, getting 96°C is quite hot. If your room temperature is near 30°C or more, this is most likely normal as the air circulation is not cool enough to lower down the CPU/GPU (laptop HSF's aren't powerful unlike on desktops).

Best regards,

neokenchi

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

steer123
Not applicable
Views: 745
Message 4 of 4

Thank you for the quick reply... I already called the lenovo support they said I just need to return this laptop so the can replace it..

P.S. my room temperature is around 18 to 20 coz im always running my aircon at full..

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors