Did you mean: 
Scolex
Paper Tape
Views: 1,845
Message 1 of 5

Y480: OneKey Recovery: Cannot 'Create Recovery disc with existing backup image'

Greetings everyone!

Problem 1

I have a new Y480 (Windows 7 - 64 bit). When using OneKey Recovery and choosing to attempt burning 'recovery discs with existing backup image', then the defaults are chosen on the next screen (Source: Default Path; Image Path: D:\Lenovo\OneKey App\OneKey Recovery\backup.wsi), an error of:

"The image file is not valid. Please select a valid image file"

appears.

The 'Select Another Image' option under the 'source' cryptically proves no help.

Problem 2

Also, It was stated in the documentation that system backups could be made to discs. NOT! Apparently the only option is a hard drive. It does not allow the disc drive to be a destination.

BTW... the D: partition is too small to accept a system backup! Who planned that out?

So... anyone out there able to help me make 'recovery discs with existing backup image'?

Thanks!

countrywise
Broadband 3G
Views: 1,823
Message 2 of 5

Re: Y480: OneKey Recovery: Cannot 'Create Recovery disc with existing backup image'

@Scolex wrote:

Greetings everyone!

Problem 1

I have a new Y480 (Windows 7 - 64 bit). When using OneKey Recovery and choosing to attempt burning 'recovery discs with existing backup image', then the defaults are chosen on the next screen (Source: Default Path; Image Path: D:\Lenovo\OneKey App\OneKey Recovery\backup.wsi), an error of:

"The image file is not valid. Please select a valid image file"

appears.

The 'Select Another Image' option under the 'source' cryptically proves no help.

Problem 2

Also, It was stated in the documentation that system backups could be made to discs. NOT! Apparently the only option is a hard drive. It does not allow the disc drive to be a destination.

BTW... the D: partition is too small to accept a system backup! Who planned that out?

So... anyone out there able to help me make 'recovery discs with existing backup image'?

Thanks!

Hmm since the laptop is new,i would restore to factory settings,

that may be best .

Double click the OKR icon on your desktop and click on ''System Recovery''

a notice will pop up ''Do you want reboot your computer,into the system recovery environment''

click yes and then follow instructions.

Please note ''İnitial state''stands for factory settings,so choose that when the option appears.

Now AS SOON AS  the system is recovered,BEFORE doing anything else,

please check to see,if your current problems  still exist

Let us know how it goes.

Scolex
Paper Tape
Views: 1,819
Message 3 of 5

Re: Y480: OneKey Recovery: Cannot 'Create Recovery disc with existing backup image'

Countrywise,

Thanks for your suggestion. However, I wonder if this will 'lose' Windows 7 with a facory restore and will need to do a system restore too?

I was able to make DVDs of the factory (=facory default recovery disc) and system (=factory disc with current system), just not the 'first' choice in OKR (=recovery discs with existing backup image).

Thanks again!

Scolex

countrywise
Broadband 3G
Views: 1,816
Message 4 of 5

@Scolex wrote:

Countrywise,

Thanks for your suggestion. However, I wonder if this will 'lose' Windows 7 with a facory restore and will need to do a system restore too?

Thanks again!

Scolex

i'm NOT sure what you mean.

A restore to factory settings will wipe the hdd and reinstall the system,

to how it was,the day you first bought it.(the pc i mean)

So you will need to back up your data beforehand.

A system restore point,will revert the system to how it was,

at the time the restore point was created.

So if you have a restore point,before these problems started,

then certainly try that first.and if that solves the problem,

then you're done.

İ'll have to log off in about one hour from now,

so if you reply after that,i'll be answering back tomorrow.

Let us know what you decide

and the outcome.

countrywise
Broadband 3G
Views: 1,811
Message 5 of 5

@Scolex wrote:

Countrywise,

I was able to make DVDs of the factory (=facory default recovery disc) and system (=factory disc with current system), just not the 'first' choice in OKR (=recovery discs with existing backup image).

Thanks again!

Scolex

İf you were able to do the above,

without any errors given,then fine.

Were there any problems at all,creating the discs?

And by the way all options should function,not just some,

so my suggestions above,are best.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors