Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mushu
What's DOS?
Views: 875
Message 1 of 2

Y50-70-1802 Unauthorized network card

I too got  the unauthorized network card error.
I have two lenovo y50-70 running centos7. One had a broadcom card and the other had the intel card.
The intel card was supported easily by centos7 but the broadcom card was not. So I bought the same model intel wireless card from some random vendor and replaced the broadcom card and got the error. So my choices now are to get the driver to work for the broadcom card or use a usb wireless device. I think we should have the option of turning of that authorized card check through the bios. I have no complaints using Centos7. The only problem was the broadcom wirelses card. Broadcom does not seem to support it on a Linux machine, at least not easily. If Lenovo is going to continue using those cards they should push broadcom to support it on linux or not use the cards atr all. Cheap lesson. I'll just have to shop around more next time I buy a laptop.

Mod edit:  Moved post here to its own thread and added model to subject for better clarity.

tripplec
Bit Torrent
Views: 836
Message 2 of 2

Re: Y50-70-1802 Unauthorized network card

You need to buy the Lenovo part # of the card for ones that they support. Any non Lenovo part with NOT work even if its the same Intel or Broadcom card.

Lenovo uses a Whitelist of parts in their BIOS to control this.
T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QMbr>; Nvidia NVS 4200M Win 10 64bit
Z70-80 I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Win 10 64bit FHD 17.3", G840 w/2GB

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors