cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lovro-N
Punch Card
Views: 151
Message 1 of 4

Y50-70 65W charger not working/recognized!

Greetings,

I have an original 135W, 20V, 6,75A rated charger (ADL135NDC3A) for my Y50-70 and it is working just fine! But since it's extremely bulky and inconventient I tried charging with a more compact and mobile 65W, 20V, 3,25A rated charger (ADLX65NC3A) but it doesn't work!

By doesn't work I mean it's not recognized at all, no compaibility/error messages, nothing ... like it's not plugged at all!

135W works as it should. Both have identical connector and I measure cca. 20V across both. So it must be some nasty electronics internally that is preventing charging, beacuse physically there are no obstacles for charging, except lower charging rate (power/current), but still, it should be plug & play!

Anyone had similar isues? Is there a fix for it?

Thanks,

-L

Lovro-N
Punch Card
Views: 104
Message 2 of 4

Re: Y50-70 65W charger not working/recognized!

anyone?
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 96
Message 3 of 4

There is no fix.  It's good the power circuitry is smart enough not to overdraw the capacity of the small adapter causing it to overheat or damaging the computer

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Lovro-N
Punch Card
Views: 85
Message 4 of 4

Same way circuitry should be smart enough to recognize it and simply limit the current to charger rated current. Obviously not the smartest one... 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors