Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SafetyMoose
What's DOS?
Views: 903
Message 1 of 1

Y50-70 Backlight / Screen turns off whenever brightness is adjusted

Hello

I recently purchased a Lenovo Y50-70 online and had it shipped to me. When I first booted it up the screen was very dark, however it was on because I could see a very faint image. I plugged it in to my external monitor and that worked so I set up the laptop. Half way through setup the laptop screen turned on to max brightness. 

The next day I was at school and the screen randomly went very dark. I dont remember what I pressed at the time. I went home and conected it to my external monitor again and about an hour later the screen turned back on at full brightness. I then unplugged it from the external and everything worked fine.

I then went to lower the brightness and when I used the Fn + Down Arrow key to lower it, it turned off completely. I waited about 10 minutes and it randomly turned on again. I then tried adjusting the brightness from the WIndows 8 sidebar using the on-screen slider and when I moved it the screen turned off completely again.

How do I fix this? Should I return the laptop and exchange it for a new one or can this be fixed?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors