Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fgaletic
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,704
Message 1 of 5

Y50-70 Battery Damaged After 1 Month??

Hi, I have the Y50-70 UHD model and after a month of using it, today my battery stopped charging and I got a message saying Battery Damaged, purchase a new one. I am very disappointed this happened after only a month! I do work and play long hours on the laptop but this is without precednt. Can you please tell me what to do? Thanks

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,686
Message 2 of 5

Re: Y50-70 Battery Damaged After 1 Month??

hi fgaletic,

Sorry to hear about your battery trouble.

If you get the same error as in this picture then it's likely that the battery may have gone defective. In this case, I recommend you contact lenovo and report the issue as you may need to get a replacement battery.

If you purchased the machine in Belgium, this is the contact info:

Phone #: 02-700-73-77 (lokaal tarief)

Supported Language: Dutch, French

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

fgaletic
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,668
Message 3 of 5

Screenshot 2014-12-05 17.57.41.jpg

This is what it looks like (bottom right). Any ideas?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,640
Message 4 of 5

hi fgaletic

The image is a bit small. Does it say 60% plugged in,  not charging ?

If it says 60% plugged in not charging then it's likely that the battery charge is being limited by Conservation Mode in the Energry Manager app. 

Things that you can try:

1. Open Lenovo Energy Manager and turn off Conservation Mode.

- Link to picture

2. Unplug the charger and drain the remaining charge on the battery by using the machine (you can run CPU / graphics intensive apps to fasten the draining of the battery).

3. After the battery has been drained and the computer turns off, plugged in the AC adapter and turn off the machine and observe if it fully charges to 100%.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

fgaletic
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,595
Message 5 of 5

No, the Battery Manager itself showed a message that the battery was damaged. I shipped it all to the service center.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors