Options

6 Posts

03-19-2017

US

9 Signins

127 Page Views

• Views: 127
  • Message 1 of 4

Y50 -70 Black Screen @ boot - no splash screen / no logo / no windows 8.1 display

2017-03-19, 23:33 PM

no display on LCD from start up (no splash screen or cursor) AFTER using  Windows "restart"

I do get video from HDMI port to TV

After Win 8.1 boots up (visible on TV) ,if I disable intel video 4600 driver and re-enable it , I immediately get video on LCD.

If I do a windows "shutdown", and after it shuts down - then press the power button, it will boot up with video on the LCD (still no splash screen, though)

BUT, If I do a windows "restart", the computer will start again with no display on LCD.

I have done a complete computer reset to Lenovo factory software  and have updated all display drivers and BIOS - to no effect.

Have tried disconnecting the battery, unplugging bios battery, 20sec power button hold.

Any other solutions out there?

Options

3815 Posts

12-24-2015

IN

2177 Signins

71411 Page Views

• Views: 71411
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Y50 -70 Black Screen @ boot - no splash screen / no logo / no windows 8.1 display

2017-03-20, 12:47 PM

Most likely a bios fix is required and/or power manager to control it. Since it’s a brand new system, you’ll have call and report the problem. 

Schedule a Call-back for faster support

English 24 hours a day 7 days/week 

During business hours, you may also engage with live chat support.

Also, go through this link for better understanding

Update us how it goes.

Regards,

Tap that kudos button if I helped 
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! 

Options

6 Posts

03-19-2017

US

9 Signins

127 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

Re: Y50 -70 Black Screen @ boot - no splash screen / no logo / no windows 8.1 display

2017-03-21, 0:24 AM

Last week I had Lenovo Home service replace my screen under warranty (for the second time) because of the screen flickering issue.

This issue popped up the next day or so, after a restart.

I rolled back the bios to a previous version, and still get the same result.

Lenovo is supposed to send another tech to the house to replace either the motherboard, the screen, or both.

I think it's a hardware issue due to resetting it right back to factory mode and it still occurring.

I'll follow up after the tech does his thing.

Just wanted to add that my machine is the i7-4720HQ 2.60ghz 16gb with Nvidia 8gb GTX 960M

Options

6 Posts

03-19-2017

US

9 Signins

127 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2017-03-23, 4:33 AM

Just had the motherboard and new screen replaced by the Lenovo tech.

2 minutes after the install... flicker, flicker, flicker...

I left it on for 20 more minutes, and now the lcd is completely dead and no video out from the hdmi port.

This thing has been nothing but a complete nightmare.

At least now I know not to submit req forms for any more Lenovos.

It's still under warranty till July, so I'll probably have to have it repaired about 3 more times before then.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete