cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NPatch
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,707
Message 1 of 3

Y50-70 : Can't enter BIOS anymore and can't find a second hdmi monitor that I previously could

First problem is that I tried after some time to get into the BIOS(Have the last version of BIOS lenovo offers) and couldn't get with any of the known keys. Delete and F2 go into windows boot menu, F8 goes into hdd boot menu and F12 into advanced windows menu(with safe mode,repair etc). I might have mixed up which key does what but in the end none of them goes into BIOS.

Second problem,at my father's office there's an hdmi LCD TV that I've previously used as a second monitor extending the laptop's.But I haven't used it in a while and now it doesn't get recognized anymore.I have latest drivers in both Intel and Nvidia. When i press detect in the Screen Resolution menu I get two small grey monitors(displays not detected,one for each graphics chip).

Any ideas?

Thanks

greno
What's DOS?
Views: 1,099
Message 2 of 3

Re: Y50-70 : Can't enter BIOS anymore and can't find a second hdmi monitor that I previously could

I have very similar problem.  Y50-70 and no key will take me into the BIOS.  F2 is totally ignored, does nothing when you tap it during boot up.  Always goes to Windows 10 login.  F2 worked fine previously and would enter BIOS, but no more.

greno
What's DOS?
Views: 1,093
Message 3 of 3

Re: Y50-70 : Can't enter BIOS anymore and can't find a second hdmi monitor that I previously could

I finally found a way into the BIOS.

Login to Windows

Bring up Menu

Select "Power"

Hold down Shift key and Select "Shutdown"

Now press Novo button (next to Power-on Button)

This will bring you a Menu that has "BIOS Setup" in it.

Would be easier if the F2 button could be made to work again though.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors