Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saikumarmokara
Fanfold Paper
Views: 447
Message 1 of 6

Y50-70 - Display Colour Changing

Hi from yesterday night all of a sudden, when i was working my Screen started changing colours to Pink, Light Green. So is there any fix about this problem? Please Help!
http://tinypic.com/r/invay9/9
Lenovo Y 50-70, O.S-Windows 10.1, BIOS Version- 3.0

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 440
Message 2 of 6

Re: Display Colour Changing

Good day.

Please provide more information about your system (model, OS, recent updates, etc), otherwise it will be difficult for the community to assist you. We will also be able to confirm that your post is in the proper forum.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

saikumarmokara
Fanfold Paper
Views: 429
Message 3 of 6

I have posted it so please go through it once!
stevepa
Token Ring
Views: 380
Message 4 of 6

If you tilt open/closed the lid, does the color flicker, change or add corruption?

A typical issue with these Y50's is the monitor cable being loose or ajar and a simple reseating can help alleviate the problem.  The good news is- getting to both the motherboard and monitor connections is pretty easy on these.

If it's pretty much solid, it may be indicative of bad memory or a bad screen.  Try burning a memtest86+ cd and run this for a few passes to see if it gets any errors.  If not, you may have a bad display.

theMillen
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 359
Message 5 of 6

if moving the lid does change it, ie flickering, it could be the cable has become pinched over time. mine got to the point where it would go black til i got it to JUST the right spot, then eventually shorted the motherboard, may want to contact support before that happens >.<

saikumarmokara
Fanfold Paper
Views: 348
Message 6 of 6

No not a screen movement problem! Just coming when i start up the laptop and even in BIOS too.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors