07-27-2015 08:03 AM
No matter CSGO or DOTA2 or running 3D Mark it will fozen and shows PDC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, then restart.
Or if i transfer to destop when it forzens, it gonna show Display driver stopped responding and has recovered.
My display driver is the newest one and even i reinstall system the same thing happened.
07-27-2015 09:26 AM
Welcome to the Forums.
Can you try these steps:
1. Uninstall both Intel and the Nvidia Display Driver v353.30 from the Control Panel and reboot.
2. Install the following drivers in order and observe (reboot if necessary). You can also get them from the D:\Drivers folder
3. If the problem remains, can you check the status of the system by installing Lenovo Solutions Center or manually run a diagnostic on the GPU and post the results here:
Individual Diagnostic Tools (see Video Test)
Let me know how it goes.
07-27-2015 01:52 PM - last edited on 07-27-2015 02:47 PM by Majestic
The problem is still existing after i install both drivers u showed to me.
But what's the difference is it won't reasatrt after frozen and it won't show up "Display driver stopped responding and have been recovered" after i transfer to desktop.
Click here to view image
This is diagnostic results of GPU.
Mod's Edit: Image(s) converted to link(s) due to size. Photos are limited to 100k size per forum guidelines.
Please refer to About Posting Pictures for more information.
07-28-2015 08:00 AM
Did you perform a clean install or just installed on top of the old drivers?
To perform a clean install -
1) Go to Control Panel >> Device manager
2) Open Display, right click on NVIDIA GPU and click Uninstall.
3) Go to Control Panel > Programs & Features, Uninstall everything related to NVIDIA.
4) Now, restart the system.
5) Upon restart, wait for the drivers to install automatically, This may take about 3-5 minutes. (The screen may flash during thie time)
6) Run a game and test the system now.
7) If the system crashes, go to NVIDIA.com to find old drivers
Find the old/BETA drivers and I will recommend installing the 347.25 or the 347.88 drivers. Both these are known to cause less crashes. Let me know if anything is unclear.
07-28-2015 08:02 AM - edited 07-28-2015 08:05 AM
When you said "it won't restart after frozen", do you mean the game still freezes but you can Alt+Tab and close the game by doing a right click and still use the machine?
The diagnostics looks ok on the GPU and the issue is not similar to this thread as you have a 256GB SSD but you can run an extended test on the HDD/RAM to be sure.
In addition to what rockykoston have suggested, you can also try these steps:
1. Temporarily disable the Nvidia GTX 860M from the Device Manager > Display Adapters and observe if you can play a game or run 3DMark without any issues.
2. Run Windows Update to get the latest patch and bug fixes for the OS.
08-09-2017 06:09 AM - edited 08-09-2017 06:11 AM
same with me..My laptop was on for about 2hours and It was in-game(dota 2)..When I tried to switch to "watch" tab, the game stuck and I got the message.."display driver has stopped responding..." Help me please...The problem arise after 2 yrs of owning this laptop..I did "Tdrdelay" stuff and also drivers update to latest and also rolled back to the factory ones after I did a factory reset..Nothin works..Moreover whenever I try to open "Gpu-Z" the message reappears and and BSoD...Help please...its killin me Is it a hardware issue ?? Is my gpu dead ??
08-09-2017 06:40 AM
Try this -
Switch off the laptop
Disconnect power supply
Press power button for 45 seconds
Reconnect and restart
If that does not work, then yes it is a dead GPU. Only a technician can confirm.
08-09-2017 10:25 AM