Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnny93
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,340
Message 1 of 8

Y50-70 Display driver stopped responding and have been recovered

DS 拷贝.jpg

No matter CSGO or DOTA2 or running 3D Mark it will fozen and shows PDC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, then restart.

Or if i transfer to destop when it forzens, it gonna show Display driver stopped responding and has recovered.

My display driver is the newest one and even i reinstall system the same thing happened. 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 2,319
Message 2 of 8

Re: Y50-70 Display driver stopped responding and have been recovered

hi johnny93,

Welcome to the Forums.

Can you try these steps:

1. Uninstall both Intel and the Nvidia Display Driver v353.30 from the Control Panel and reboot.

2. Install the following drivers in order and observe (reboot if necessary). You can also get them from the D:\Drivers folder

1st - Intel Video Driver for Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

2nd - Nvidia Video Driver for Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

3. If the problem remains, can you check the status of the system by installing Lenovo Solutions Center or manually run a diagnostic on the GPU and post the results here:

Lenovo Solution Center (LSC)

- Sample image

Individual Diagnostic Tools (see Video Test)

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

johnny93
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,300
Message 3 of 8

The problem is still existing after i install both drivers u showed to me. 

But what's the difference is it won't reasatrt after frozen and it won't show up "Display driver stopped responding and have been recovered" after i transfer to desktop. 

Click here to view image

This is diagnostic results of GPU.

Mod's Edit: Image(s) converted to link(s) due to size.  Photos are limited to 100k size per forum guidelines.
                     Please refer to About Posting Pictures for more information.

Guru
Views: 2,281
Message 4 of 8

Did you perform a clean install or just installed on top of the old drivers?

To perform a clean install -

1) Go to Control Panel >> Device manager

2) Open Display, right click on NVIDIA GPU and click Uninstall.

3) Go to Control Panel > Programs & Features, Uninstall everything related to NVIDIA.

4) Now, restart the system.

5) Upon restart, wait for the drivers to install automatically, This may take about 3-5 minutes. (The screen may flash during thie time)

6) Run a game and test the system now.

7) If the system crashes, go to NVIDIA.com to find old drivers

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

Find the old/BETA drivers and I will recommend installing the 347.25 or the 347.88 drivers. Both these are known to cause less crashes. Let me know if anything is unclear.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 2,279
Message 5 of 8

hi there,

When you said "it won't restart after frozen", do you mean the game still freezes but you can Alt+Tab and close the game by doing a right click and still use the machine?

The diagnostics looks ok on the GPU and the issue is not similar to this thread as you have a 256GB SSD but you can run an extended test on the HDD/RAM to be sure.

In addition to what rockykoston have suggested, you can also try these steps:

1. Temporarily disable the Nvidia GTX 860M from the Device Manager > Display Adapters and observe if you can play a game or run 3DMark without any issues.

2. Run Windows Update to get the latest patch and bug fixes for the OS.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

soulshifter
Fanfold Paper
Views: 455
Message 6 of 8

same with me..My laptop was on for about 2hours and It was in-game(dota 2)..When I tried to switch to "watch" tab, the game stuck and I got the message.."display driver has stopped responding..." Help me please...The problem arise after 2 yrs of owning this laptop..I did "Tdrdelay" stuff and also drivers update to latest and also rolled back to the factory ones after I did a factory reset..Nothin works..Moreover whenever I try to open "Gpu-Z" the message reappears and and BSoD...Help please...its killin me Smiley Sad Is it a hardware issue ?? Is my gpu dead ??

Guru
Views: 448
Message 7 of 8

Try this -

Switch off the laptop

Disconnect power supply

Press power button for 45 seconds

Reconnect and restart

If that does not work, then yes it is a dead GPU. Only a technician can confirm.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
soulshifter
Fanfold Paper
Views: 441
Message 8 of 8

I did as you told...the laptop started...Although it got stuck at the booting screen..I had to force shut down and again restart...what does that mean ?? any idea ??

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors