Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ekarjam
Punch Card
Views: 958
Message 1 of 7

Y50-70 - [Help please] Critical issues trying to install graphics driver

The issue I am having is that when I install the Nvidia driver for my GPU, Y50-70 starts first to become really slow especially in starting.

Then, I have never been able to use Nvidia graphics for games or anything else, I am just now using the Intel graphics.

This issue is happening with any version of the driver I tried to install previously (after clean uninstall), I tried cleaning them and install other versions but it's always the same, now I have the latest one : 364.72.

After successfully installing the driver, any attempt to run anything using Nvidia graphics (running a game or even GeForce Experience) will cause my computer to freeze and then shows the "Blue screen of death" with every time a kind of errors like : system thread exception not handled, Video scheduler internal error or dpc watchdog violation !

I'm still not sure of this is a hardware or software issue but, I find this really annoying especially that I was really proud of my GPU and my computer when I bought it but found myself not yet able to really use it !

I hope you will help me to a solution for this.

SPECS : Lenovo Y50-70 with Nvidia GTX 960m
Windows 10 64bit
Intel Core i7
16Gb RAM

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Ekarjam
Punch Card
Views: 904
Message 2 of 7

Re: Y50-70 - [Help please] Critical issues trying to install graphics driver

Sadly no help as usual Smiley Sad

kamalnath
Token Ring
Views: 875
Message 3 of 7

Download latest DDU(display driver uninstaller).....uninstall both the Nvidia & Intel drivers using it..... then re install them.....

If didnt fix,try these as additions

1.lenovo settings->disable battery stretch if enabled,power options->high performance

2.Bios->update if updates are available->then load default settings

3.Run commad SFC /SCANNOW

4.Re install windows with pure lenovo y50 driver

5.If all these fails definitely its a H/W fault

Dont forget to click KUDOS button(right down this sentence)if i have helped you....Ask any questions or Doubts,iam always ready to help.... Smiley Happy
Ekarjam
Punch Card
Views: 840
Message 4 of 7

Hi,

I tried clean installing both Intel and Nvidia drivers from Lenovo, followed some other tips and still have the same problems, last thing I've tried is to disable fast startup.

And again the same result => From desktop computer started being slow and heating until crashing this time to "DPC_Watchdog_Violation".

In my opinion this can only be a hardware issue [correct me if I'm wrong !]
I don't trust the shop that sold me this computer that much because some costumers already complained about their after-sales service.

Unlucky me ...

kamalnath
Token Ring
Views: 836
Message 5 of 7

DPC watchdog violation is purely a drivers fault....... do these steps & report back

1.Press win+x->Run command prompt(admin) then type "SFC /SCANNOW"->Enter.

2.If any errors found do this again in commamd prompt(admin)"dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth"(just copy paste using mouse)This will restore all original windows files...(This step can take some time depending upon your network speed and amount of files corrupted,it also may look like stuck at 20% dont close it is running fine).

3.Then again do SFC /SCANNOW because it will replace the corrupted files which downloaded through DISM.

4.Completely disbale any network connection from now on untill Last step(step 6).

5.Control panel->device manager->uninstall touchpad driver,audio driver,wlan driver(while uninstalling tick the checkbox delete driver software for this device).... And after that install orig lenovo's ones here.

6.Uninstall Intel graphics driver But this time install intel's one... Regarding this refer to my post here.

7.Even if it still exits upload me the memory dump file(will be created on BSOD) so that i can check which driver is causing issues...

8.If all else fails completely uninstall windows and reinstall from ISO(not refresh or reset).....

Thanks

Kamal

Dont forget to click KUDOS button(right down this sentence)if i have helped you....Ask any questions or Doubts,iam always ready to help.... Smiley Happy
Ekarjam
Punch Card
Views: 802
Message 6 of 7

Hi Kamal, thank you for your reply,

I got this error when trying to do step number 2 !

http://prnt.sc/ax49o9 ]

I'm not sure of what I have to do.

kamalnath
Token Ring
Views: 791
Message 7 of 7

Bro i cant understand the language(Edit:sorry i translated the language now),this refers that u need a reinstallation of windows, but u can skip directly to step 3 and do all others steps before finalising on reinstallation of windows even i stated that in last step.... Smiley Happy

Cheers

Kamal

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors