Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rulur817
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 763
Message 1 of 1

Y50-70 - High WiFi latency while gaming

It has been a year since I bought the Lenovo Y50-70. It originally came with a Qualcomm Atheros AR956X wifi card but the internet performance and network stability of the card was very poor. I had the lenovo tech support replace the wifi card on my system. They provided me with a Realtek RTL8723BE wifi card. Although it is similarly specd as the previous card, the signals (as shown by Windows 10) are relatively higher.

Coming to the actual problem now, upon extended usage I have figured that the wifi card, whichever it may be, suffers from massive loss in data stream  units and has a very high latency when the system is running hot. This maybe due to the fact that the wifi card is placed very close to the heatsinks of the cpu/gpu. This results into a very crappy online gaming experience.

The only resolve that I have come across is to use and external wifi card or use the ethernet cable if possible. But this had to Lenovo's job to search the machine for such design flaws before selling them.

So very disappointing Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors