Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matrixxzero
Token Ring
Views: 279
Message 1 of 3

Y50-70 Lenovo Companion App no longer has link to forums

I know it is a minor ordeal but I noticed recently that the Lenovo Companion has changed and it no longer has the "link" to the forum (this forum or any forum). 

I thankfully had it bookmarked, but the companion was my initial way of finding my way to the forum. I'm just curious why they  removed it or if they did not remove it, then how did it change? I hope it is not meant as a way to keep new customers away from the forum. The forum is chock full of information, much needed information. At least, I think so...Cheers

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 276
Message 2 of 3

Re: Y50-70 Lenovo Companion App no longer has link to forums

I'm not sure if this is the cause of the stated problem but it is a possibility.

matrixxzero
Token Ring
Views: 268
Message 3 of 3

Re: Y50-70 Lenovo Companion App no longer has link to forums

Possibly, but the link to the forums was gone before April 7th and thus, before the maintenance.

It used to list regular forum link along with the User Manual, warranty info Icon, and had a big Forums icon and then underneath them was a small link that said, well I believe it said, "user forum" or something like that and it was a quick link here to this happy forum. Now there is no FORUM icon at all. I know there is an article in there about signing up for Lenovo Insiders but I am not certain that is the same thing.

I see that it is still possible to get here by going to Lenovo.com, then clicking "Technical Support" and finding the "Forums" link there. Just strange it was removed from Companion as that is how I initially found the forum personally but maybe I'm just weird lol  I guess they are just streamlining Companion, just seems there should be a link to the forums in there.

Hummm I just noticed that in Companion, under "Getting Started", there is a topic "5 Ways to get support" and they list the forums there. So, maybe they just wanted to move it. Still seems at least  a Technical Support icon and link should be there under "My Lenovo Notebook" along with Warranty Info and User Guides. Oh well, no big deal. Still a couple ways to reach the forums.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors