Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kkid
Paper Tape
Views: 430
Message 1 of 3

Y50-70 - Sharp edge on keyboard

Hi,

The Lenovo Y50-70 laptop has big problem with a sharp edge on the keyboard.  It truly is a problem and I have to hold a towel or something on the edge so I can use the keyboard.  I found on this forum that other people have the same problem with their same model.  The issue was considered to be "solved" and a "Tip" number was given and we were to contact Lenovo.  Well, I am having NO luck finding a way to give the number to Lenovo service. 

My computer is now out of warranty BUT the edge has been a problem for people from day one.  I, embarrassingly, did not think to contact Lenovo or check online until tonight...  Anyway, there supposedly is an answer to the problem but I don't know how to get the tip number to Lenovo.  Here is the  Service TIP SF15-I0013/ HT103489.

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue.

I would love some direction.

Thank you!

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 418
Message 2 of 3

Re: Y50-70 - Sharp edge on keyboard

I would just call Lenovo's 24x7 US support number 877-4-Lenovo (877-453-6686) directly and ask them to reference Service TIP SF15-I0013/ HT103489 as mentioned by Amy from Lenovo in her "solution" to the problem in the forum post linked below.

Lenovo Y50-70 has sharp edges and is cutting fingers

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y50-70-has-sharp-edges-and-is-cutting-fi...

Good Luck,

kkid
Paper Tape
Views: 376
Message 3 of 3

Re: Y50-70 - Sharp edge on keyboard

Thank you!  I called them tonight and they escalated the call, I am supposed to get a call back within 3 days.  We shall see if that happens. 

Again, thank you.

Top Kudoed Authors