Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kkid
Paper Tape
Views: 441
Message 1 of 3

Y50-70 - Sharp edge on keyboard

Hi,

The Lenovo Y50-70 laptop has big problem with a sharp edge on the keyboard.  It truly is a problem and I have to hold a towel or something on the edge so I can use the keyboard.  I found on this forum that other people have the same problem with their same model.  The issue was considered to be "solved" and a "Tip" number was given and we were to contact Lenovo.  Well, I am having NO luck finding a way to give the number to Lenovo service. 

My computer is now out of warranty BUT the edge has been a problem for people from day one.  I, embarrassingly, did not think to contact Lenovo or check online until tonight...  Anyway, there supposedly is an answer to the problem but I don't know how to get the tip number to Lenovo.  Here is the  Service TIP SF15-I0013/ HT103489.

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue.

I would love some direction.

Thank you!

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 429
Message 2 of 3

Re: Y50-70 - Sharp edge on keyboard

I would just call Lenovo's 24x7 US support number 877-4-Lenovo (877-453-6686) directly and ask them to reference Service TIP SF15-I0013/ HT103489 as mentioned by Amy from Lenovo in her "solution" to the problem in the forum post linked below.

Lenovo Y50-70 has sharp edges and is cutting fingers

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y50-70-has-sharp-edges-and-is-cutting-fi...

Good Luck,

kkid
Paper Tape
Views: 387
Message 3 of 3

Re: Y50-70 - Sharp edge on keyboard

Thank you!  I called them tonight and they escalated the call, I am supposed to get a call back within 3 days.  We shall see if that happens. 

Again, thank you.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors