Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
banco
Fanfold Paper
Views: 561
Message 1 of 3

Y50-70 Touch Black Screen on Startup after Windows 10 Hellspawn Update

Hello,

I’m sorry for posting this problem for probably the hundreth time, but none of the solutions are working and I’m about to lose my mind.

Windows 10 did another surprise update, but this time I received a notification telling me to restart my laptop to repair my drivers. I did that and it continued to try to repair Driver C a few times before it sent me to the blue troubleshoot screen. I selected the restart option but my laptop never fully restarted because it got stuck on the black screen after the Lenovo logo loaded.

My problem is that a majority of the solutions require you to reboot in safe mode. I can’t reboot in safe mode as it keeps bringing me back to the black screen. I have tried rebooting in safe mode through both the troubleshoot menu and the command prompt. I have also tried startup repair, trying to reload a previous version of Windows, and system restore but none of these options worked or produced an error. When I tried to reload a previous version of Windows, I received a message saying it was unable to do that and to try resetting the PC instead. I don’t want to lose everything from resetting, so is there any other possible thing I can do?

Thank you in advance for any help and for taking the time to read this.

EDIT: Display doesn’t register on my other monitor when I try hooking the laptop up to it. Sticky keys and CTRL+ALT+Delete do nothing either.

banco
Fanfold Paper
Views: 521
Message 2 of 3

Re: Y50-70 Touch Black Screen on Startup after Windows 10 Hellspawn Update

I tried resetting the laptop and it won’t even let me do that without running into an error. I have no idea what to do and am at a total loss right now. I’m beginning to suspect the worst. 

Please help.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 422
Message 3 of 3

Re: Y50-70 Touch Black Screen on Startup after Windows 10 Hellspawn Update

Hi banco! 

Welcome to the Lenovo forum discussion! 

Based on what you have explained, the Windows OS is already corrupted and the only way to fix it is by reinstalling the whole Windows OS. Just to confirm, have you tried using the Lenovo OneKey recovery tool to reset the laptop back to factory default? If not, you can use the Lenovo OneKey rescue https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht077084?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 to reset the laptop to factory default. You can use the NOVO button https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht062552?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 menu to access the OneKey recovery tool. Let us know the result. 

Regards!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors