cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dragonspirit85
Paper Tape
Views: 276
Message 1 of 2

Y50-70 Touch not waking up from sleep mode. Blank lit screen. Also Driver power state failure

When I go to open my laptop back up everything comes on but the home screen won't come on. The fans run, LED backlight and keyboard comes on. I have to turn the laptop off by holding the power button then it all comes up. 

EDIT: I have went through the Lenovo Service Bridge and checked for updates and the only thing that wasn't updated was the solutions center so it looks like everything is up to date.
Also I threw in the driver power state failure so I didn't have to open another thread. That has been going on for some time while I'm doing things and I'm not sure what to do. 

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 241
Message 2 of 2

Re: Y50-70 Touch not waking up from sleep mode. Blank lit screen. Also Driver power state failure

Driver Power State Failures are usually caused by a bad driver, and since you are also having issues with a black screen when resuming from sleep, most likely it is a corrupted Display Driver, so I would probably start there.   

Without knowing what exact video card, and version of Windows your system has, I cannot point you to the exact driver, but if your system has the Nvidia card (perhaps the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M) , you might try downloading the latest driver from Nvidia, which you can do using this link https://www.geforce.com/drivers by selecting the "Auto Detect Your GPU" option.

Good Luck,

Top Kudoed Authors