Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
XinYang
Fanfold Paper
Views: 12,253
Message 71 of 273

Re: Y50-70 customer review - broken hinge problem - buyer beware

I would like to make a conclusion about my lenovo y50 touch  left hinge issue.

1,First contact the service staff to tell what the problem of  laptop

2,They will provide a return label from Fedex, and The laptop can be packed and shipped by Fedex for free

3,After lenovo repair center receive laptop, They will send one email about the repairment fee.

4,You can request free repairment if your problem is real design defects. You need to discuss it with them several times

5,Your case will be escalate to Customer Relations Management. After their dicussion, A free repairment can be approved

I really hope this conclusion can helpful for those people whose lenovo y50 touch has the same issue.

Thanks

aliciastill
Blue Screen Again
Views: 12,242
Message 72 of 273

I am also experiencing this issue.  I've only had my laptop for 10 days and I've barely used it.  I was told by Lenovo it is not a known issue or design flaw and that it would be my cost to repair it.  Has anyone had it repaired?  How much was the cost in USD?

I originally purchased this at Best Buy and they would not accept the return even though it was within the return policy.  They were extremely rude to me and accused me of deliberately damaging the laptop myself.  I will never do business with Lenovo or Best Buy again.

XinYang
Fanfold Paper
Views: 12,232
Message 73 of 273

Just follow the conclusion I made and your problem will be solved soon.

The lenovo service staff provided me return label and I sent my laptop to repair center sveral days  ago and after they receive it . They sent me email about the repairment.

And I insist on one thing, If this problem is not under warranty, what problem warranty covers. And there are several

situataions not under warranty. But which item i violate?

I can pay the money but the lenovo must tell me why.

after the discussion, they agreed to provide free repairment.

That's a fair solution. but one thing i worried. how long time the repaired one can last. I do not know.

I hope I have enough money soon and replace other laptop when this terrible defect occur again.

Thanks and hope every one is ok.

exxtreme76401
Paper Tape
Views: 12,196
Message 74 of 273

same issue owned for 6 months now everytime i open the display it snap pops and the hinge pops open.... 

christhayerband
Paper Tape
Views: 12,112
Message 75 of 273

I just received a reply that my machine has been fixed free of charge. Will believe it when I see it. I called and insisted (quite angrily. Admittedly not my finest moment) that the machine be fixed since it was a design flaw. It was forwarded to the higher ups. Thanks to Amy for doing her part to keep us calm and see this problem fixed. Persistence appears to have paid off. Like most insurance claims, it appears that the first step is to deny the claims.
Attreyu
Paper Tape
Views: 12,109
Message 76 of 273

I will accept nothing less than a full refund, since I have absolutely no guarantee it won't happen again in 6 months, and if it does, I'm sure they won't fix it again for free.
Highlighted
Former Employee
Views: 12,049
Message 77 of 273

The investigation into customer reports of hinge mount failures on Y50-70 Touch laptops has concluded.

If your laptop is within warranty, and has not otherwise been damaged, please contact Lenovo Service for assistance and reference Service TIP SF15-I0004/ HT102761.

Thank you,

knightblaze
Fanfold Paper
Views: 12,038
Message 78 of 273

Amy,

While I appreciate your posting this, can you elaborate on the findings? Is this a company acknowledged issue? Will Lenovo offer customer support with refunds for these devices or offer extended warranties on the components involved? Lenovo owes this to its customers, informing them and standing by its company mission statement!
Attreyu
Paper Tape
Views: 12,031
Message 79 of 273

Hi Amy,

Is this taking into account only the touch versions of the Y50-70 ? I'm asking because as you know there are other non-touch display versions as well.

Also, is this global aknowledged or US only ?

Finally, if the hinge brokes again, and we have all reasons to conclude that it will, will a full reinbursement be offered ? or the possibility of a change with a similar valued product ?

XinYang
Fanfold Paper
Views: 12,025
Message 80 of 273

Although my y50 touch has been fixed but I am not sure how long time it will last.

And I will go back to China at the end of this month. So if the problem occurs again.

I can do nothing but to accept my bad luck.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors