Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Message 251 of 264 (1,231 Views)

Re: Y50-70 Touch only - customer review - broken hinge problem - buyer beware

i fixed mine and it just broke again, the design of the laptop is not balanced at all so it will always break again if u fix it 

Punch Card
Message 252 of 264 (1,018 Views)

Re: Another hinge joint problem...Y50-70 Touch

Please disregard my prior post.

Damage from more general midframe screw post separations. 

Since the left hinge is stiff its motion was more obvious. But it is a symptom in my case, not a root cause.

The cause of the multiple post separations is is probably complex, direct shock, vibration while

transported in the computer bag in the car trunk.  Inertia of the midframe weight on the relatively delicate

plastic screwpost bases.

I am withdrawing the warrantee claim.

What's DOS?
Message 253 of 264 (831 Views)

Lenovo knows the problem. But they fixed it by just repairing the broken panel instead of replacing the faulty hinge. And its broken again. The faulty hinges get stuck and tear off the parts attached to it while opening. Unfortunately I had to buy this laptop from Dubai because this high end model was not supported in India. And the India service centres say they cannot repair it. What shoddy cheap build Quality. Lenovo sucks big time. Dont ever make the mistake of buying a Lenovo again.

Paper Tape
Message 254 of 264 (563 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am on my second hinge failure in one year.

I purchased "on site" repair option with my extended warranty, but Lenovo insists that I have to ship it to a

repair depot (again).

Known issue that they try to ignore. 

Customer service is non existent.

Admin note; post edited in accordance with the Community Guidelines

Administrator
Message 255 of 264 (546 Views)

Hello Yomama,

It's understandable that you are not impressed and I can sympathize however, there are sometimes situations when repairs are best carried out in the depot due to being able to identify exactly which parts may have been affected which is not condusive to an effective on site repair.

If you consider the judgement of the call center to be unjust or incorrect you can always request they escalate your case to a complaint.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/sk/en/warrantylookup/warrantypolicy

Andy

English Community Leader

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

Highlighted
Paper Tape
Message 256 of 264 (360 Views)

Yeah, NOT SOLVED. 

I sent mine in, and they "fixed" it. 

A few months later, SAME PROBLEM.

The design is GARBAGE. Worst laptop housing I've ever owned. 

DEFINITELY THE LAST LENOVO COMPUTER I WILL EVER PURCHASE. 

Paper Tape
Message 257 of 264 (357 Views)

If they had any decency or business sense, they would've recalled them ALL and replaced them with something of quality. 

Paper Tape
Message 258 of 264 (346 Views)

Lenovo pulled my posts because i spoke of "legal action" against them... so no free speech here.. they will cover their tracks the best they can.. I wonder what the better business bureau would think of this? We shall find out..

Fanfold Paper
Message 259 of 264 (317 Views)

I "escalated" my case and I got nothing in return.. its been more than 6 months now and the warranty ran out. still with a broken laptop! dont hope for anything just buy a new laptop and never lenovo again!!
What's DOS?
Message 260 of 264 (267 Views)

I also am experiencing this problem also.  I've haven't even had this laptop for 2 years and the hinge is breaking and causing the screen to pull apart from the laptop. Started hearing cracking noises a few months ago but now the screen won't even close straight.  The hinge cover is in pieces and one of the screws fell out. Called Lenovo only to be told that there is nothing they can do since it is out of warranty.  The laptop sits on my desk and gets used 2-3 times a week for photo editing. I would think for a $1000 plus laptop it would last longer before breaking! Not very happy Lenovo...

Top kudoed Authors