Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamesnearn
What's DOS?
Views: 6,442
Message 81 of 273

Re: Y50-70 customer review - broken hinge problem - buyer beware

Are there any details about HOW the laptops will be fixed?  Will it just be glued again or is there a more secure method to replace the failed glue technique?

XinYang
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,437
Message 82 of 273

I do not know how they do this.
I posted a conclusion in this topic and you can
know how I deal with this problem with lenovo
silversurfer115
Paper Tape
Views: 6,265
Message 83 of 273

I had the EXACT PROBLEM, and to tell me that what ever forums i got my info from were un heard of is a blatant lie, when a) there was a response and b) it's lenovo's community forum.... as my problem besides the blatant lie and scam that this company has pulled, my problem has already been defined by 9 other people. One night i go to close my laptop(y50-70 touch) and i hear a crack and there went my screen. beyond that the hinge was broken, so i couldnt close it with out breaking it. left hinge and it is an exact copy image wise of what has already been posted.

Plexter
Paper Tape
Views: 6,258
Message 84 of 273

I see that about everyone complaining have Touch, not regular Y50-70. In any case, design is the same. I have hardware news and reviews site, about 120k readers per month, I thought about writing review about this good value/performance/features laptop, but after reading this thread I changed my mind. My laptop is only 2+ months old and I will wait. If it will fail, as this model did for others, I will just post a good article on my site, if Lenovo will not treat with me well. Of course, I will not contact Lenovo as myself - they know me and send me review samples. I hope everything will be okay.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 4,464
Message 85 of 273

Y50 Touch hinge. Please help

Hello there,

As you guys (the staffs) should know by now, there is a design problem with the Lenovo Y50 Touch's hinge.

So 8 months ago, I brought the laptop with accidental handling insurance from bestbuy. About one month, I can hear loud cracking noise and eventually it break and turn to **bleep**. Long story short, they couldn't reparit my laptop even tho i had insurance on it so they gave me a new one instead (the one im using now)

However, this time i did not buy the insurance because I know that it will break again and the cycle will repeat.

So now, about 2 months in with the new but same model laptop, I can hear the cracking noise again, but this time it is a lot quiter, meaning it is not a major problem yet but given enough time, it will become a major problem. 

So my question to you guys is: Is there anything i can do right now? Like should I buy super glue and open up the back and glue stuff? What do you guys think? 

P.S. The sounds I hear now when ever I open is a small click, so it's not even cracking yet. But with my experience with this model before, I truly believe that it will crack again so I hope you guys can help me out.

Thank you for reading Smiley Happy

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 4,433
Message 86 of 273

Re: Y50 Touch hinge. Please help

Hi Paladin 7372,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with hinges broken in your Lenovo  Y50 laptop.

As the hinges might be damaged hence I would suggest you visit the nearest service center as the temperory fix by super glue may not work hence please visit the nearest service center.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure they will be a great help.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists!

Best regards,       

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

pyzhou
What's DOS?
Views: 6,157
Message 87 of 273

Hi guys, my bag fell from my chair today with the Y50 touch in it, and the plastic cover (the shiny black part with the "sound for lenovo" written on it has popped up on the left side. the lapstop still closes and shuts down but now it is slightly elevated on the left side when the screen closes. I'm very worried what this will do in the long run, especially with the weak hinge as I've seen in the complaints so far, but so far internal hardware seem intact and there's no extra noise. This probably won't be covered under warranty right? it is near the hinge could I try to make the same appeal as some of you guys? I also cant send this in for a fix until the school year ends next month.....

pyzhou
What's DOS?
Views: 6,155
Message 88 of 273

also, it is advisable to try to pinch it back down a bit with pliers?

iceman20041
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,129
Message 89 of 273

Do you have ADC? If you do then it should cover but if you have hte basic
warranty it might not be covered. Doesn't hurt to try.

cooldubai
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 5,969
Message 90 of 273

I am a regular Y50-70 user, and I have a similar issue. The plastic cover of the hinges, are damaged. So far I haven't mis-used the laptop in anyway to warrant such damages.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors