Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matrixxzero
Token Ring
Views: 1,194
Message 1 of 5

Y50-70 UHD Touch Replacement Battery?

My battery has very low life now and I need to replace it out of warranty of course. Anyone know what battery to order and how to order it? This is my first time with a battery inside the shell and of course lenovo has warnings everywhere that using other than a lenovo battery could be dangerous. Anyway, I have searched and searched and cannot find a part number for the replacement battery and how to order one. Any ideas? Machine model is 80DT 59421830 and as stated above it is the Lenovo Y50-70 UHD Touch. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,182
Message 2 of 5

Re: Y50-70 UHD Touch Replacement Battery?

If you want an official Lenovo branded battery, you can order one from the link below.

If you want to seach other sources, the part number is 5B10K01901, but be warned that some sellers may claim to sell lenovo branded batteries, and even show images of a Lenovo battery, yet are selling clones, so be sure to make sure that they state in writing that they are selling you a NEW Lenovo battery, and not a used battery, old warehouse stock, factory second or a clone, because some of the clones will not be correctly recognized and fail to charge, and old stock batteries can have a short life span.   

The manufacture date on a real Lenovo batter is shown on the lower right as YYYY  MM

5B10K10190 Lenovo Ba Rechargeable Batteries (Y50 SP/A L13M4P02 7.4V54WH 4CELL GB)

https://lenovo.encompass.com/item/10631961/Lenovo/5B10K10190/Ba_Rechargeable_Batteries

Good Luck,

matrixxzero
Token Ring
Views: 1,178
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for the information and the link. I was just googling the info and found similar part numbers but the mAh wasn't jiving and they were calling it a two cell instead of a 4 cell. That place in the link is called Encompass yet has the Lenovo logo so I hope it is legit especially since it was the more costly battery that I found. However, I've been around enough to know you get what you pay for! Not sure how you found the part number so quick. I was going through support links and trying to find replacement battery under replacement parts but no dice. Then the virtual chat sent me a manual. Go figure! Anyway, thanks again for the info. Battery is on order. Nothing is telling me it is dead but during a hurricane I tried using my laptop on battery and it drained very quickly even though I used that conserve program. Batteries just don't last no matter what one does.

Highlighted
JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,170
Message 4 of 5

I found the original part number using the Hardware Maintenance Manual (HMM) for your system, which lists all the part numbers (FRUs) for the system, and then entered the part numbers for the battery (121500251) shown on page 91 of the HMM into the Lenovo Parts Lookup page, wich provided to possible substitutes, with the 5B10K01901 being the only one available via Lenovo Encompass Parts, which is the recommended outlet to obtain parts linked on the Lenovo Parts lookup page.

Detailed instructions on how to replace the battery can also be found starting on page 32 of the Hardware Maintenance Manual as well.

Cheers,

matrixxzero
Token Ring
Views: 1,102
Message 5 of 5

Received the battery today. I'm a little bit concerned as it has a 2014 date on it and I got it from the Encompass place. So it is a 3 year old battery already!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors