cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 5,862
Message 10 of 522

Re: Windows regularly freezes when HDD is spinning up.

See this thread:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/LEM-HDD-Power-Saver-how-exactly-does-it-wor...

Lenovo setting overrides Windows setting.

Cheers

DragonRider

I'm DO'ing IT

Yoga 900 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz (Skylake-Y)

X1 Carbon 2nd Gen (20A8) ThinkPad/YOGA Tablet 2 Pro-1380F/IdeaCentre A520 All-In-One i5-3230M/Lenovo Y470 i7-2630QM/T420

trickyicu
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,842
Message 11 of 522

On my Y50 , it uses a software called "Lenovo Energy Manager 1.5.0.16" and there is no such HDD power saving setting. In fact, there is nothing configurable except a couple of switches

These are images from the internet :

justmade
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,784
Message 12 of 522

The Lenovo Y50's Energy Manager doesn't have this HDD power option. I even updated the Energy Manager to 1.5.0.18 and still nothing. 

plb13
What's DOS?
Views: 5,586
Message 13 of 522

Re: Y50-70 Non-touch issues

Just want to say that this sounds exactly like me and I have a recently puchased y50-70 touch. Anyone have any luck with this?
Highlighted
Ralleh
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,579
Message 14 of 522

I ended up returning it and purchasing the UHD model, and with the SSD the problem is gone. I think it's due to the SSHD.

sadhiggins
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,928
Message 15 of 522

Lenovo Y50 freezing and stutter while playing games

I just bought a new Lenovo Y50, and while playing Wildstar or World of Warcraft i will get a 3-5 second freezes fairly often(as often as every few minutes and sometimes i will go for 10+ minutes without getting one).  The problem seems to occur more often if i've been playing for half an hour but i can still sometimes get it immediatly.

I've read around for a few things to try to fix the problem but so far nothing works.  I've changed my battery performance plan to high performance.  I've gone into the Nvidia control panel and changed the options to high performance settings instead of the default global or intergrated graphics options.  I tried updating my graphics card to no effect and then i restored it back to its default settings to no effect.  Does anyone have any other tips for something i could try?

When i've seen this exact same problem being brought up on other forums for the Y50, they don't really get answered.  Is this just a problem no one knows how to fix?  Should i just return it?  My laptop is still on it's 90 day warranty for another two weeks or so and i bought the extended warranty too because having to deal with stuff like this just stresses me out so much. 

sadhiggins
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,872
Message 16 of 522

Re: Lenovo Y50 freezing and stutter while playing games

So i guess this is simply a problem no one knows how to fix.  I wonder if all the Y50s are like this.  Oh well, i guess i'll just end up returning it since I basically bought it to play video games and if can't play World of Warcraft or Wildstar without any problems, then it probably can't play anything else either. 

ferry83
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,852
Message 17 of 522

Re: Lenovo Y50 freezing and stutter while playing games

Lenovo laptops pack really good specs with terrible performance for a low price. 

I would return it and get a slightly lower specced Sony vaio or HP.

Your best options are to update the video card drivers, but all in all if possible return it...

Lenovo is just terrible when it comes to support

trickyicu
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,693
Message 18 of 522

Any update on this issue ? Lenovo support please respond.

drekkles
What's DOS?
Views: 5,442
Message 19 of 522

If you got the UHD version, this screen can't handle more than 48fps (Its a 48hz screen).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors