Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbl
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,973
Message 50 of 522

Re: Freeze of 1-2 sec on Lenovo y50-70

I already turned off the hard disk option, and reinstalled the graphics drivers but that did not help.
sadhiggins that's too bad
Have you tried getting a new hard disk ?
pauliuslt
What's DOS?
Views: 2,952
Message 51 of 522

Re: Y50-70 Touch: Problem with GTX 860M, laptop freeze whenever requiere GPU

Hi, Kevin, fortunately i have the same problem aswell while playing LOL.. it's really frustrating and I've been looking for a solution since then. I haven't found anything yet, have you?

Lenovo Y50-70
8GB RAM
Geforce GTX 860M
sadhiggins
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,957
Message 52 of 522

i actually ended up ordering a new SSD for about 200 bucks but it didn't come with the sata to usb cable needed to clone my old hard drive so i had to order that too and i'm now waitng for the cable to come in.  i'm not joking when i say i've seen this problem on dozens of other forums with several people in each forum having the problem and the only people who fix it are the ones who get new hard drives.  by this point i just want to fix it, even if it costs me money just so i can say that i won.  it just seems crazy to me that the y50s are marketed as gaming laptops, but seem to have this massive massive problem when it comes to actually playing games. 

dbl
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,914
Message 53 of 522

Do you happen to have a reference or two for people who changed the disk on that model (y50-70), and for who it solved the issue?

sadhiggins
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,893
Message 54 of 522

the only reference i have is my "help" post on these forums.  the part you're looking for is posted by yahjoogooleh.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/Lenovo-Y50-freezing-and-stutter-while-play...

when i was first looking on how to fix my problem, had seen "only new hard drive fixes the problem" on a few other sites.  i'd just dig through my history to source them for you, but the last thing i did before ordering the SSD was factory reset my computer to see if it'd fix the problem(it didn't) and so that yanked out all my internet history.  it super sucks that the only way to fix it is to buy a new hard drive. 

sadhiggins
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,876
Message 55 of 522

i'm actually going to put in the SSD this tuesday once i get off of work, so if you want i'll tell you how it turned out for me after i do it. 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 2,858
Message 56 of 522

Hi sadhiggins,

Welcome to Lenovo forums

As I understood that you are facing the issue with the system freezing in your Lenovo Y50-70 laptop.

As you have mentioned that that you will try with the SSD, please try with SSD and reply with the results as this would help us to know the exact issue with system. Also try to run LSC diagnostics in your old HDD if available for this model in BIOS or you can run through www.lenovo.com/diags . please mention if you find any error after running the test,

Hope this helps! Do post us back for further queries.                 

Best regards,                                                                                              

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

sadhiggins
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,841
Message 57 of 522

i'd already done this scan when i first noticed my problem and when i first did it, everything was marked as a "passed" and cleared as good.  so i downloaded it a second time(lost it during the factory reset) and still got the "all good" result.  by this point i'm convinced it's the hard drive and i'm pretty anxious to get the spare time to try it out once this weekend is over. 

Guru
Views: 2,830
Message 58 of 522

I'm curious; does the Y50 come with Active Protection System?

W520: 2960XM, Q2000M @ 1091/1380, 32GB RAM, 500GB&750GB HDD & 500GB SSD, FHD&MB168B+
X61T: L7500, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
W550s: 5600U, K620M at 1164/1281, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 3K touchscreen
X200s: SL9400, 6GB RAM, 64GB SD card, WXGA+ screen
TPT1: 1839-23U
Highlighted
Former Employee
Views: 2,807
Message 59 of 522

Re: Windows regularly freezes when HDD is spinning up.

I am investigating forum members's reports of Y50s exhibiting symptoms that include freezing for a few seconds during either game play or light use, audio stuttering, the hard drive spinning up frequently, and drive noise.

In order to get a better idea of the scope of the issue, I have combined multiple small threads to bring the posts together.

Due to the nature of the reports, I am going to start the investigation by focusing on the hard drives. The Y50 model comes with several different configurations. If you do not see your model (a 59XXXXXX number) and type of hard drive listed, please add it in a post below.

Of course, safety first. If you are experiencing any of the symptoms listed above, please back up your data to the cloud immediately.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors