Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yahjoogooleh
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,530
Message 20 of 522

Re: Lenovo Y50 freezing and stutter while playing games

I was having this exact same problem with my y50 it was the SSHD I bought an samsung evo 840 SSD and the stuttering is gone. It sucks that the only fix for this problem is buying an SSD but it's a good investment in the long run.

justmade
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,430
Message 21 of 522

Re: Windows regularly freezes when HDD is spinning up.

This is unacceptable Lenovo. Tell us you're working on this issue or at least acknowledge you're aware of it. If you want to keep your customers then make them happy with responses and updates!

Former Employee
Views: 4,126
Message 22 of 522

Just an FYI, I am starting an investigation on this issue. Give me a few days to run this past a couple of people and determine what info is needed.

Thanks,

Former Employee
Views: 4,120
Message 23 of 522

I saw there is a newer version of the Lenovo Energy Management for Win 8.1, version 1.5.0.20 made available on 8/12/14.

It can be found here: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-y-series-laptops/y50-70-touch-n...

Could I get some feedback on whether this new version resolves the issue?

Thanks,

trickyicu
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,102
Message 24 of 522

I reinstalled windows on 9/18 and downloaded all drivers from lenovo.com website including the new Energy manager 1.5.20 but the problem still persists.

Leijonasisu
Serial Port
Views: 4,088
Message 25 of 522

I used to experience all sort sof annoying problems with the default 1TB 8GB SSD cache drive that I had installed by default in my laptop. The problems only went away when I moved to a SSD. Now the machine is 100 times faster. But I used to get similar hangs whilst booting, sometimes just staying at the BIOS screen. Or just insane waiting times even with the i7 and 16GB of RAM etc. when opening programs. I'd say it's just a slow drive despite the cache and etc. I now have that 1TB sitting in an external caddy and it's still really slow to spin up. Plus it's noisy. Definitely a bad, budget drive if you ask me.

kevin131
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,329
Message 26 of 522

Y50-70 Touch: Problem with GTX 860M, laptop freeze whenever requiere GPU

I bought my laptop Lenovo Y50-70 Touch two months ago by Amazon. I was playing without problem games like: Tintanfall, Portal 2, LOL, Team Fortress 2, Borderlands 2, and this are optimized with Geforce Experience. Until yesterday when I trying to play by first time Left 4 Dead 2 (also optimized by Geforce Experience), after 5 minutes of game, I get an error in the game: The game stops and start an infinite loop of a very annoying noise… After 5 min without the possibility of remove the game ( Exit to task administrator or Alt+TAB) the laptop shutdown itself. When I turn on again the laptop was very very slow, and when I tried to open a game my laptop totally freezes or if I want to of simply open the configuration of Control panel Nvidia the laptop freeze it too, and then, a few seconds after appears a message: Display driver Nvidia Windows Kernel Mode driver has stopped responding and has successfully.

I tried to Uninstall and reinstall drivers (Safe Mode) but still having the error( I used such older version as new version). And I only could reinstall drivers in Safe mode, because in regular mode my installation freeze and not continue.

Seems look whatever the situation that I need the use of the GPU Nvidia, the laptop entry to freeze and not work.

What you recommend me? Is better that I don’t find more “solutions” and packaged and ship my laptop for warranty?

Thank you a lot.

Guru
Views: 4,305
Message 27 of 522

Re: Y50-70 Touch: Problem with GTX 860M, laptop freeze whenever requiere GPU

dont have the laptop so forgive me if it dont work

if you are getting your drivers from nvidia try an older version, as some newer one still have bugs (not all the time but on occasions)
Thx dave

yoga 2, lenovo b540
3 custom gaming pc systems
kevin131
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,293
Message 28 of 522

Thanks for reply me Caveman31.
Yes i used older versions of drivers (337) and new version (344) and I havent any good result.
kevin131
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,257
Message 29 of 522

Anybody has other idea?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors