Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevepa
Token Ring
Views: 2,904
Message 40 of 522

Re: Lenovo y50 freezes

It could very well be the harddrive but not because there is anything wrong with it, just it is spinning down when not in use, then freezes the system for a couple seconds when it spins back up.

Try putting your system in High Performance power mode vs. Balanced, as well as go into the Advanced Power Management settings and set the "Hard Disk - Turn off hard disk after:"  And set these both to "Never", then OK and try your game and Visual Studio once more.

dbl
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,989
Message 41 of 522

Re: Freeze of 1-2 sec on Lenovo y50-70

Hello, thank you for the quick response.

I tried with a very old game (counter-strike 1.6), and it still happens. I already put the nvidia graphics settings to maximum, and unfortunately I cannot to change the screen refresh rate (60hz).

However I may have found the solution. I saw that my hard disk is scheduled to stop avec 20m of inactivity. So this may be the issue, maybe the game is freezing when the hard disk has to boot back up. However I have not tried yet. I'll keep you updated.
dbl
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,980
Message 42 of 522

Well, that did not help
seberus5234
Paper Tape
Views: 2,876
Message 43 of 522

sorry that did not work. i have no idea what may be the problem. i tried rolling back my graphics driver and that didnt seem to help at all either. i have the razer gamebooster to close all background programs but that doesnt help either. this is a very confusing problem and shouldnt be happening.

bassoo
Paper Tape
Views: 2,766
Message 44 of 522

Re: Windows regularly freezes when HDD is spinning up.

I've got the same issue.

It's making it hard to type, since every x seconds the system freezes for a sec.

seberus5234
Paper Tape
Views: 2,762
Message 45 of 522

Re: Windows regularly freezes when HDD is spinning up.

same problem here. well im guessing its the hdd thats causing my machine to freeze randomly

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 2,950
Message 46 of 522

Hi Dbi,                           

Welcome to Lenovo Community!        

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with the system freezing in your Lenovo Y50-70 laptop.

As you have mentioned that the issue still persists after some of the trouble shootings, please try to reinstall the graphic driver and also the display driver to the latest version and check for the issue, if the issue still persist please visit the nearest service centre.

Click here for the driver if the OS is windows 7(32 bit).

Click here for the driver if the OS is windows 7(64 bit).

Click here for the driver if the OS is windows 8.1(64 bit).

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure they will be a great help.

Hope this helps! Do post us back for further queries.                 

Best regards,                       

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

sadhiggins
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,941
Message 47 of 522

i hate to be the bearer of bad news dbl, but i have this exact same problem with the exact same laptop and have spent dozens of hours working on it and reading about it.  and it appears to be a problem with the hard drive, and the ONLY solution is to replace it.  don't waste any more time trying to fix it, either get a new hard drive or pray that a service center will actually help you instead of giving you the run around. 

sadhiggins
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,872
Message 48 of 522

i too have this problem and nothing i've seen on the internet fixes it.  so far the only fix i've read about working is replacing your hard drive with a new one.

TAudio
Punch Card
Views: 2,936
Message 49 of 522

You can also try disabling Turn off hard disk option in power options or Lenovo energy manager.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors