cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sadhiggins
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,312
Message 60 of 522

Re: Windows regularly freezes when HDD is spinning up.

sigh, i was just about to clone my hard drive to my new ssd but apparently the external disc reader......just doesn't work so i can't even beging the cloning process so now i have a 200 dollar ssd just sitting on my desk with no way fo me to use it.  by this point i almost feel like i'm in a sitcom with how much trouble this y50 has given me.  it's like literally nothing i bought it for works. 

trickyicu
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,464
Message 61 of 522

My hard drive performance has degraded to the point unbearable. Eg, when downloading files at speed 5MB/s, my browser freezed and refused to load new page because hard drive was kept occupied all the time.

It is funny how this 2014 piece of machine can't even compare to the user experience I had when I first used a Dell vostro in 2010.

I am very disappointed at the way Lenovo handles this situation, it looks like right now it is a one man job, among his other things, trying to find out the problems/causes really are. It is even more ridiculous when Lenovo said it did not find the problems in its lab and asking around to "borrow" sample machines, paying no regard to customer's time, value, and privacy of data.

By the time they get a hang on this, I am afraid the next generation is already out, or I already sold my machine on eBay.

karlostrokia
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,447
Message 62 of 522

Hi, im new at this forum. My native language is not English so, sorry if something is not very clear here.

I have exactly the same problem with my new Lenovo Y50, it works well (could perform better with this hardware) but for normal use (internet, multimedia, word, excel...) it works. The real problem starts when I try to play, any game, local or online I get that annoying freeze of 1-2 seconds that doesnt allow me to enjoy the game. It also happens randomly.

Things I tried:

- Update all drivers: graphic, intel chipset, display, wlan...

- Download and run Lenovo Solution Center: I run it and it says that all my hardware passed the test. 

- Tried online and offline games: same problem on both.

- Also useless: rebooting pc, reinstaling win 8... it happens since the very first day.

- Nvidia Geforce Experience installed and running, all games detected and with the "custom" nvidia config.

- CrystalDiskInfo, says that everything works fine.

Warranty is up of course.

P.D: If I open the laptop and change SSHD to a SSD to try if this solve the issue, do i lose the warranty?

Thanks, and I`m waiting your answer.

Carlos.

at819
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,571
Message 63 of 522

Same exact problem. Freezes when simply using mirosoft word. I have Lenovo y50 i5 8 GB SSHD.

I am a medical student and use my computer for over 10 hours a day studying/typing notes. It freezes for a few seconds every few minutes and is extremely frustrating.

Former Employee
Views: 3,562
Message 64 of 522

To move forward with these reports, I would appreciate some assistance. Since there are several models and configurations of Y50s, I would like to identify the hard drive manufacturer(s) and identity strings of hard drives displaying the symptoms described in this discussion thread.

If you could please post your hard drive manufacturer and the identity string here, that will help with the troubleshooting.

To find this information, there are a couple of ways to get there. You can perform a restart (not from shutdown as it is not a true shutdown in Windows 8/8.1) and hit F12 to enter the Boot Menu. Or you can tap the One Key Recovery button located to the left of the power button to go into BIOS and the boot menu.

Y50 Boot Menu Resized.jpg

Thanks for your help,

karlostrokia
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,561
Message 65 of 522

The Hard Disk code is:
WDC WD10S21X-24R1BT0-SSHD-8GB
dbl
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,551
Message 66 of 522

my code is WDC WD10S21X-24R1BT0-sshd-8gb as well

dbl
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,549
Message 67 of 522

Is it possible for Lenovo to replace our SSHD for free against a SSD, since this seems to be a hardware issue, under warranty?

When we look for this code on google, we get a few more results of people having exactly that same issue

at819
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,519
Message 68 of 522

Hard disc code is:

WDC WD10S21X-24R1BT0-sshd-8gb

justmade
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,512
Message 69 of 522

WDC WD10S21X-24R1BT0-SSHD-8GB

I wish they would replace the SSHD but they probably won't, and if this issue is covered under warranty then they're probably lagging until the warranty expires. People have complained about this issue since they first unboxed it and Lenovo is saying they can't reproduce this? Give me a break! Customer Service and Tech Support aren't diligent enough. I'm cutting my losses and getting a better laptop that's not made by this company. Thank goodness Black Friday and Cyber Monday are around the corner. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors