cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
at819
Fanfold Paper
Views: 18,105
Message 70 of 522

Re: Windows regularly freezes when HDD is spinning up.

Hard disc code is:

WDC WD10S21X-24R1BT0-sshd-8gb
Lukaskk
Paper Tape
Views: 18,188
Message 71 of 522

Hello,

I would like some attention from Lenovo. The SSHD drive is terrible. 

The write/read speeds are terrible, systems hangs when under heavier load. If I am downloading anything, any update with ~5mb/s speed, it is impossible to use the computer, 

Laptop is great, it looks good, it runs great (except the hard drive) and screen tearing, it is terrible.

BTW I have Y50-70, 16gb, i7, 4gb geforce with a terrible screen unfortunately. 2k screen. Got the laptop 2 months back

FYI hard drive number: WDC WD12S21X-24R1BT0-SSHD-8GB

If I could have someone from Lenovo Tech Support email me at lukas.kk@outlook.com I would appreciate that, because I rarely can check the forums, communication over email would work much better. I have some IT background so should be easy to exchange information.

Many thanks.

sadhiggins
Fanfold Paper
Views: 18,178
Message 72 of 522

rofl, mine is also WDC WD10S21X-24R1BT0-sshd-8gb just like everyone elses.  i can't believe a company would let something like this get past testing.  i noticed the problem in the first hour of use, but i just thought the things i was using it for were at fault, and not my brand new thousand plus dollar computer.  oh well, live and learn.  at least i'll let people on reddit know what a terrible thieving company Lenovo is and hopfully i can use my near million karma account to steer people away from this company in suggest a laptop threads.  you may have stolen a thousand bucks from me Lenovo, but hopefully i can stop dozens(maybe hundreds) of people from making the same mistake.  literally every part of this laptop has been a catastrophe and this is something i will never forget for the rest of my life. 

trickyicu
Blue Screen Again
Views: 18,274
Message 73 of 522

I got a message for helping identifying the hard drive in my Y50 machine. Seriously?

Who is Amy_Lenovo ?

Don't you have access to parts list of all configuration combinations ? Is it that many SSHDs variations for this product ?

Where is the design team from whom you can just pull the information and what kind of company is this ?

Ruuku
What's DOS?
Views: 18,249
Message 74 of 522

i have the same problem with my y50
WDC WD10S21X-24R1BT0-sshd-8gb

Fenzo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 18,246
Message 75 of 522

same problem here

Hdd WDC WD10S21X-24R1BT0-SSHD-8GB

A gaming notebook with a faulty hdd, good job
karlostrokia
Fanfold Paper
Views: 18,244
Message 76 of 522

Just a funny thing i got answered with at a support email from Lenovo: Technically its not a gaming laptop.
Fenzo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 18,236
Message 77 of 522

http://shop.lenovo.com/it/it/laptops/lenovo/y-series/y50/?cid=it:sem:qcxtba|g-c

In Italian "Potente Stazione di Gioco" is the translation of Powerful Gaming Station

Gaming laptop or not, the hdd is still faulty
bassoo
Paper Tape
Views: 18,233
Message 78 of 522

What I just don't really get, is why there is no one from support in this forum?

Here we can share our suffering, which might ease the pain, but it's more a talking group then a place to find a solution.

Any way, I've got the feeling that my issue is slightly different: for me it happens when im typing on my laptop keypad, not when ive plugged in an external keyboard (it might have to do with the power schedule?)

Allthough it will probably won't solve my problem, I wanted to clearify my problem: when typing sometimes it skips a key stroke - probably because my systeem seems to freeze.

cooldubai
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 18,184
Message 79 of 522

I had this a the HDD experience for the day 1 of having this laptop. Also spoke with the Leveno Service Centre, they just ran a diagnose tool, and found the PC intact. This just made be believe I was the only one facing this issue. Anyways there are many people. 

My Laptop's HDD's Model number : WDC WD10S21X-24RBT0-SSHD-8GB

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors