cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karlostrokia
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,360
Message 80 of 522

Re: Windows regularly freezes when HDD is spinning up.

So we all have the same HDD... Anything to say here lenovo?

Former Employee
Views: 7,593
Message 81 of 522

Thanks to everyone for your quick feedback.

Based on the 7 for 7 responses that point to HDDs identified as "WDC WD10S21X-24R1BTO-SSHD-8GB", I am moving forward with a case to investigate this HDD as the cause of reports of freezing screens, typing speed anomolies, and random HDD noise.

I would like to bring in a Y50 with one of these HDDs for analysis. Is there someone in the US who be willing to assist? If so, please PM me.

Again, if your hard disc drive is exhibiting any of these, or any other wierd symptoms (files disappearing, failure loading apps upon boot, slowing down during basic tasks like copying, clicking or buzzing from the HDD), I encourage you to backup your data immediately.

I'll post again when I have an update.

Thanks,

Fenzo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,568
Message 82 of 522

can you test the hdd with the two laptops that are on site for the fan clicking problem?

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 7,559
Message 83 of 522

@Fenzo...

Please see Amy_Lenovo's update from this morning in the 'clicking fan' thread:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/Re-Y50-Big-fan-pulsating-and-clicking/m-p/1...

Asking about that issue in this thread risks splintering the discussions and hindering the ongoing effort.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

Fenzo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,541
Message 84 of 522

You have two Y50s in repair service for the fan clicking noise, so could you use them to test the sshd instead of asking to send another units 

trickyicu
Blue Screen Again
Views: 7,512
Message 85 of 522

It is hard to understand; but here at Lenovo, it is a god given right to ask customer for sample machines, so they can troubleshoot the problems of the general public. One for everyone, it's just 3 weeks, no big deal. That's how Lenovo built their reputation, now that I know.

Lukaskk
Paper Tape
Views: 7,488
Message 86 of 522

Dear Lenovo,

I am currently discussing this with Lenovo representatives in NovoShop.lt in Lithuania (I am from here).

Are you able to communicate with them? I could bring my laptop for these guys to check, but I need to know that you will ollaborate finding a solution for this SSHD drive.

Please find a solution.

bckh4
Paper Tape
Views: 7,466
Message 87 of 522

16 days since purchase my y50 with the hardrive WDC WD12S21X-24R1BT0-SSHD-8GB from best buy is showing the stuttering and pausing during all processes especially gaming....please get us a fix soon....

someone mentioned on another forum about trying to core park to stop the stuttering..not sure if this will help

thanks

bckh4

Link-
Punch Card
Views: 7,409
Message 88 of 522

Just got my Lenovo Y50 in the mail a few days ago and I'm experiencing stutters, as well. 1TB + 8GB SSHD configuration.

Honestly, this $1000+ laptop model should be shipping out with at least a 7200RPM hard disk. This is 2014. This problem seems common enough that customers should not have to send in individual laptops for analysis, but I went ahead and sent a PM, anyway. Eager to get the issue solved and start enjoying this laptop!

This is my first purchase from Lenovo and I'd love for it to be a great one.

at819
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,083
Message 90 of 522

Thank You

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors