01-22-2018 04:23 AM - edited 01-22-2018 04:25 AM
I've a problem with my 3 years old Y50.
1. Battery status on system tray is: "connected, charging" but no, its not charging!
2. If I unplug the AC cable my laptop shut down immediately
3. Y50 can't turn on without AC cable
Vantage says battery is good
thx for help
01-22-2018 10:52 AM
01-23-2018 12:26 PM
Thx for reply
I did it.
unplug AC cable
push the power button for 40 sec
plug AC cable
battery led blinking orange, then turn continous white
power on, windows initialize
nothings happen. Battery stay 75% connected,charging. Not charging
Any another ideas?
10-20-2018 12:51 AM
I found Energy Management and installed it.
Tried reset battery counter, but I think it was unsuccesful.
Resetting not finished from 21:00 to 09:30.
I cancelled the progress.
Should I have left it yet?
Any other idea?
01-12-2019 04:14 AM
Yes, I hope. Yesterday's solution, but still works.
1., Shut down laptop, remove AC cable,
2. Open the bottom of laptop,
3. Disconnect the battery connector,
4. Hold the power button for approx. 30 seconds,
5. Connect the battery connector,
6. Turn on the machine. if everything is true, it starts with battery. If so, turn it off immediately.
7. Plug in the AC cable, wait few minutes and unplug it. (DON'T TURN ON YOUR MACHINE WHILE PLUGGED)
8. If cable is unplugged, try to turn on your laptop. If everything is true, it starts with battery again.
9. Turn it off immediately.
10. Plug in the AC cable, (don't turn on) and wait few hours (in my case that was a whole night)
After a few hours, it's time to test the machine:
11. Unplug AC cable, try to turn on with battery. If it starts, that's sounds good, but turn it off immediately.
12. Connect AC cable, run windows. If windows is fully loaded, you will see that there is no battery indicator on the taskbar
13. Now open device manager, find "Batteries" within that "microsoft acpi compliant control method battery"
14. Remove device with driver.
15. Click search for new hardware, it will reinstall the battery, and you will see the missing icon on the taskbar.
16. Restart machine
I hope I could help