Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
King_Spankz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,069
Message 1 of 4

Y50-70 doesn't use my Nivdia graphics card any more After fresh install

Nvidia Geforce gtx 860m

So from one of my later post I talked about an issue I had with this Laptop and how my harddrive complelety failed. I order a SAMSUNG SSD 500gb and downloaded wins 8.1 on a flash drive and did a fresh install and put my SSD in.

After messing around on Lenovo support site and downloading all the 8.1 drivers I finally got all my "Unknown Devices" cleared up.

I notice my graphics are kinda crappy and I open up a game on steam (Rust) and my fps is just completely shot (5-10).

I do alittle probing and I see my system is using my Intel on board graphics card...

I tried for 6 hours last night, uninstalling-reinstalling drivers, making sure my nvidiva drivers are update using Lenovo site, Nvidiva site and even Device manager; none of which did any good. My computer is dectecting my Nvidiva card but its not allowing me to use it... 

I've gone into Nvidiva control panel and set it to priorty graphics... this and that. I have no missing or unknown devices in my device manager(THAT I KNOW OF). I've updated to windows 10 nothing worked, downgraded back to 8.1, reinstalled all lenovo drivers AGAIN still nothing. 

At this point I have no idea what else I can do, I don't have my lenovo drivers disk and I've tried everything it said to online, I was wondering if anyone had this same problem or had any ideas or a solution.. Otherwise I'm just going to have to take it in to an overpriced IT store and get them to fix it.

zhiar
Token Ring
Views: 1,050
Message 2 of 4

Re: Y50-70 doesn't use my Nivdia graphics card any more After fresh install

Hey there!
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/89127/en-us
clean install > reboot and come back to me

King_Spankz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,034
Message 3 of 4

I clean installed, rebooted; same problem still. 

I disabled my Intel on board graphics card and kept my Nvidia driver on and then I clicked on My Nvidia control panel and I recieved this message "NVIDIA Display settings are not available. You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU" but my Driver for Nvidia is still on. 

When I turn my intel on board graphics on, it allows me to access my Nvidia control panel...

I have no idea if it means anything but I also noticed when I double click in my device manager on my

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 it says PCI bus 0, device 2, function 0

and

When I click on my Nvidia is says PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0

Anyways.. still at the same page I started =(

zhiar
Token Ring
Views: 1,004
Message 4 of 4

Hey there ! again Smiley LOL I checked my device manager says PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0 just like you and it works
DDU
this called DDU it will remove registries too
chose nvidia driver 

clean and restart   It wil say you are not in safe mod just say No
then install 355.60 again restart, see whats going on this time.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors