Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlmz06
Punch Card
Views: 510
Message 1 of 3

Y50-70 loose bottom screw under hinge.

The screw on the back under the right side hinge has become loose and fallen out twice.

I put it back in the first time nice and tight and tightened all the other screws. 

It just fell out again!  This is with gentle handling.  And it took less than a month to wiggle loose.

Would using a little Locktite blue on the screw when I put it back void my warrantee?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 492
Message 2 of 3

Re: Y50-70 loose bottom screw under hinge.

No, the use of Locktite blue won't void the warranty and is probably a very good idea since this is a reoccurring problem. Be sure to just use a tiny dab on the threads.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

dlmz06
Punch Card
Views: 485
Message 3 of 3

Re: Y50-70 loose bottom screw under hinge.

Thanks.  Easy fix.

Looking a little more closely, if I put the computer in my computer carrying computer bag,

the back edge of the computer is curved with the weight of the computer riding on the plastic around the

two hinges, likely flexing the

plastic, and even though handled gently, vibrating the hinge plastic around the screws loosening them when on the floor

in the car, or when the case is set down on the floor.  From now on I am going to put the computer in its carrying bag, front edge down. 

dlm

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors